The UK Babe Channels Forum
Words or Expression That Should be Banned - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Member Introductions & Personal Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+---- Forum: Personal Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: Words or Expression That Should be Banned (/showthread.php?tid=25710)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned - thinwhiteduke - 27-10-2010 09:53

"nuff said" or "End of", end of what...part one.

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned - rickhardo - 27-10-2010 18:35

The suffix "gate" added to any supposed scandal. But the phrase that pisses me off more than any other is "Hello, I'm Piers Morgan."

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned - eagle_si - 27-10-2010 19:00

Not really an expression that I hate, but one that always makes me laugh, is when people use the word "literally" when they mean something in a figurative sense. Jamie Redknapp is a regular offender here, as this article shows:

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Wayne-Rooney-literally-season-sure-Jamie-Redknapp/article-1796235-detail/article.html

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned - gazfc - 27-10-2010 20:21

Leeds!!

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned - Snooks - 27-10-2010 20:25

Using the word 'like' in a wholly illogical context in regular conversation. Example: "I was like so mad at him and he was like so not bothered. I was like telling him what he had done wrong and he was like making every excuse he could". This is a rather ridiculous mode of conversation. Also when people say things like MORE BETTER or MORE STRONGER etc. It is better and not MORE BETTER. More strong is ok as is stronger but MORE STRONGER is just plain wrong.

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned - rickhardo - 27-10-2010 20:34

"So I turned round to him and said ... and he turned round to me and said... and I turned round to him and said..." How dizzy are these people?

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned - Krill Liberator - 27-10-2010 20:47

(27-10-2010 20:34 )rickhardo Wrote:  "So I turned round to him and said ... and he turned round to me and said... and I turned round to him and said..." How dizzy are these people?
Actually (see Redknapp article,Big Laugh ) I'd love to ban the insistent and grindingly repetitive use of "said" as well; my dear old Nan talks about her day or a doctor's appointment and it's never EVER related in a narrative manner, it is ALWAYS littered with "I said" "He said" "She said" "I said" "He said" "I said" said, said SAID SAID SAID SAID SAID SAID SAID. *sigh*bladewave

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned - birdlime - 28-10-2010 20:28

The words or expressions that annoy me so much are

Basically yeah

Normal

Not fit for purpose

Improvement works (it means engineering works)

Whats going on blood (it means gang member as far as i know)

Alright cus (it means friend)

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned - memberchannel2 - 12-11-2010 01:29

Hope.

Freedom.

Trust.

Dependence.

Impartiality.

Truth.

Open-mindedness.

Honesty.

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned - Krill Liberator - 12-11-2010 01:49

"Aks" instead of "ask" - you illiterate f####rs, I'm not asking you to SPELL correctly, just please SPEAK ENGLISH!!!annoyed