The UK Babe Channels Forum
Greatest British Football Manager Of All Time?? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Football (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+----- Thread: Greatest British Football Manager Of All Time?? (/showthread.php?tid=29876)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Greatest British Football Manager Of All Time?? - shrute - 25-02-2011 21:16

(25-02-2011 20:09 )woods1976 Wrote:  no explanation necessary!

That's one way of putting it, here I'll help you seen as none of the other Mersey muppets on here won't,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Shankly

Enjoy

RE: Greatest British Football Manager Of All Time?? - SwedishHouseMafia - 25-02-2011 23:44

Even though I'm not a Celtic supporter, Jock Stein was one of the best managers in the world in his time, and he definitely deserved a knighthood for winning the European Cup in 1967, a year before Man Utd with a much weaker team. He also managed right up until he died, he actually died during a Scotland game.

RE: Greatest British Football Manager Of All Time?? - Snooks - 26-02-2011 04:24

It would have been interesting to have all of them around to manage in the current era. Some fascinating characters and exceptional managers. My own view is that every era is different and its hard to gauge how much more or less difficult it is/was in each era they have all managed. Football has changed such a lot over time in so many ways. I just wonder how some of the past names would look upon what goes on in the game these days.

RE: Greatest British Football Manager Of All Time?? - Master Yoda - 01-03-2011 18:32

The Liverpool vote has obviously been split between Bill, Bob and Kenny...what happened the block voting us Scousers spoke about in private? TongueTongue laugh

Seriously though...i'm very surprised there hasnt been one single vote for Matt Busby. Considering how he built a great young side in the 'Busby Babes', then had his side ripped apart in the Munich Air Disaster but still managed to re-build his team to win titles and a European Cup. I would have thought he'd be worth a vote or two at leastTongue

RE: Greatest British Football Manager Of All Time?? - chrislatimer - 01-03-2011 18:52

I voted for clough, because to build up 2 different teams from the 2nd division and take them both to the first division title. was something special.

RE: Greatest British Football Manager Of All Time?? - malicious fan - 01-03-2011 22:48

any1 mentioned mike bassett. newcastle, norwich, colchester, england and wirral county. what a personality he was!

RE: Greatest British Football Manager Of All Time?? - mitchell - 02-03-2011 01:32

(01-03-2011 18:32 )Master Yoda Wrote:  The Liverpool vote has obviously been split between Bill, Bob and Kenny...what happened the block voting us Scousers spoke about in private? TongueTongue laugh

My invite to this tea party must still be in the post??? I voted Bob Paisley because he had the unenviable task of following the great man & not only did he do just that but he also became our most successful manager of all time winning 19 trophies in just 9 years. 6 Division One championships, 5 Charity Shields,
3 Football League Cups, 3 European Cups, 1 European Super Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, now any manager who follows in the foot steps of such a club legend & not only matches the success but betters it is not only one of the greatest managers of all time but maybe even The greatest!!! remember all this happened in a time when there was more than just 1 or 2 teams capable of winning things.