The UK Babe Channels Forum
Pick Your Euro England Squad - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Football (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+----- Thread: Pick Your Euro England Squad (/showthread.php?tid=46468)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Pick Your Euro England Squad - cosmonaut - 16-05-2012 17:28

(12-05-2012 15:19 )mitchell Wrote:  That said we all know the squad will be

The prediction by mitchell scored 17 correct out of the 23.

RE: Pick Your Euro England Squad - Money_Shot - 16-05-2012 17:49

Interesting that 11 players in the squad started life in the Football League.

Hart (Shrewsbury), Johnson (West Ham), Lescott (Wolves), Barry (Brighton), Downing (Boro), Milner (Leeds), Oxlade- Chamberlain, Walcott (Saints), Parker, Defoe (Charlton) & Young (Watford)

RE: Pick Your Euro England Squad - LODOS - 16-05-2012 18:52

Just proves there is talent in the lower divisions and clubs dont need to buy abroad

RE: Pick Your Euro England Squad - Merc with the Mouth - 16-05-2012 20:21

West Ham, Charlton and Boro were in the PL when those players were there though...

And what sort of cunt picks Johnson over Richards and takes Downing and Carrol? Oh, Roy Hodgeson. Fucks sake.

RE: Pick Your Euro England Squad - William H Bonney - 16-05-2012 20:22

(16-05-2012 17:49 )Money_Shot Wrote:  Interesting that 11 players in the squad started life in the Football League.

Hart (Shrewsbury), Johnson (West Ham), Lescott (Wolves), Barry (Brighton), Downing (Boro), Milner (Leeds), Oxlade- Chamberlain, Walcott (Saints), Parker, Defoe (Charlton) & Young (Watford)

I think we're in dodgy fact territory here? Didn't Johnson join West Ham when they were a Premier League club and Downing likewise joined Middlesbrough when they were in the Premier League? I don't think either player ever played for those clubs outside of the Premier League, although they had loan spells with Football League clubs.

RE: Pick Your Euro England Squad - Merc with the Mouth - 16-05-2012 20:28

Johnson was with West Ham since he was a kid i think. Like Lamps, Cole, Rio etc.

RE: Pick Your Euro England Squad - Regenerated - 16-05-2012 20:34

I don't know what happened with Richards - he should be there. There's only one regular right back now in Glen Johnson. I know Lescott and Jones can fill in if needed there but it still seems like square pegs in round holes.

With Rooney banned for the first two games, another forward should have been picked. Crouch scores 14 goals this season and still can't get in the side. Carroll has come good recently but where was he earlier in the season?

I know we're all managers - nobody's going to please everyone. But some eyebrow raising selections to say the least. Sad

RE: Pick Your Euro England Squad - Money_Shot - 16-05-2012 22:34

You're both right, Johnson and Downing were PL players, my mistake.

My point is still kind of valid however, all those clubs are (currently at least) still football league sides. No wonder the Premier League want to manipulate everyone to join the EPPP.

RE: Pick Your Euro England Squad - cosmonaut - 17-05-2012 12:54

I'm having a hard time thinking that Ferdinand's exclusion is for footballing reasons. Is he not as good as Lescott and Cahill? If it's for fitness reasons then Ferdinand's been well and truly stitched up by Alex Ferguson.

RE: Pick Your Euro England Squad - LODOS - 17-05-2012 13:54

Im glad ferdinand is not giong,Every tournament we take the same squad of players and do shit then after, everyone says we should have took young talent blah blah so its a step in the right direction.