The UK Babe Channels Forum
Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Music Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+---- Thread: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances (/showthread.php?tid=57269)

RE: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - Doddle - 27-04-2014 15:00

Sky Arts 1 have a Def Leppard concert at 9pm or 10pm, 'Viva Hysteria', which I expect is self-explanatory. They're repeating the Classic Albums on 'Hysteria' into the bargain.

There were shows on Iron Maiden and Deep Purple on Friday night which ought to be repeated at some point in the next few days too.

RE: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - HannahsPet - 27-04-2014 20:37

yeah watching classic albums now Hysteria was the first album i bought as a kid

the Iron maiden one if it was called somewhere back in time is avaiiable on Sky on demand

RE: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - Doddle - 14-06-2014 13:46

Sky Arts have chimed in with the World Cup mood by showing live concerts from Rio (that is, ones recorded in Rio as live, you could work that out).

Thu: Diana Krall
Fri: Iron Maiden
Sat: Tina Turner
Sun: Queen

Obviously 2 of these 4 have gone, but repeats are your friend in this case, as usual with Sky Arts. A mixed selection, but the spectacle of massive crowds might be appealing Tongue

RE: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - Darius - 14-06-2014 22:43

TOTP 2: 80s Special on BBC2 at the mo, right up to 5 to 12.

A real treat for me. Hope it will be for you too. Madness playing at the moment with 'Our House'.

RE: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - Doddle - 15-06-2014 08:00

It would be a treat without Mark Radcliffe sarcastically suggesting it was all rubbish Sad

RE: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - Darius - 15-06-2014 08:30

I tend to ignore him. Though he does get in the way at the start of the songs, since he goes on for too long.

Some advice, BBC - sack this man and play your music specials without commentary. bladewave

I did enjoy the special though - despite the songs only being a minute long annoyed

RE: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - Doddle - 15-06-2014 08:32

It's amazing they found someone even worse at the job than Steve Wright!

RE: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - Darius - 15-06-2014 10:37

Absolutely. But then Mark Radcliffe's always won the prize for No. 1 World Class Big-head. laugh

RE: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - Doddle - 15-06-2014 16:10

I don't mind his incisive interest in whatever music DOES suit him. But why the hell is he always asked to talk crap about music he clearly hates?

RE: Music On TV - Documentaries/Live Performances - Darius - 15-06-2014 16:34

Because they need to feed the trolls out there on comments that criticize how musicians perform or behave. Some of Mark's comments are really hurtful, like last night's show where he said 'When he finds his friends again and has a little dance, aw bless.', when The Communards were on.