The UK Babe Channels Forum
All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Wrestling (/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+----- Thread: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=75964)

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 13-03-2021 17:10

my review of this weeks show

match 1 Matt Jackson vs. Rey Fenix
this was a really good and unexpected match, Matt shows hes far better wrestler than his brother and Ray show the solo skills that took him the the AAA mega title,
it was not the highflying match i was expecting both men showing some excellent mat wrestling JR was getting very excited by this different type of match,
it was both a good way to start the show and start the Bucks and Death Triangle feud,
8 out of 10

next a great promo from Eddie to get his street cred back talking about how he passed out due to his time in prison and getting flash backs, burning his hand to prove hes not scared was a nice touch

match 2 Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Gargas
the match was a quick squash, it only excised to set up a new and exciting rivalry something very important to do after a big PPV i look forward to Cody v Penta its not been done before and a lot of AEW fans will not have seen how good Penta is as a solo wrestler
5 out of 10 for match, 7 for the post match

next Sting did a promo that was interrupted by Archer who was acting heel dont get this why spend all that time turning him face and doing quite well as face why have him go heel as it didn't work last time

match 3 Ethan Page vs. Lee Johnson
i really liked Page as one half of the north they where the best tag team in the world last year i think after last night i am not sure how he will do solo, it was a solid match but not that exciting Lee didn't look as good as on dark, they should have let Page talk as its his strongest point, in the end the match ended up being more about Rhodes-Marshall sage thats happening over on dark, a poor debut for page
6 out of 10

next we got to see what hangman is spending all his money on, hes living the american dream as he now has a ride on lawnmower he was having lots of fun with the dark order so good to see the rebuild start to him becoming the number 1 babyface in aew

next was another promo but this one was a master class from the invisible hand he showed just why hes the best promo man in wrestling, he totally coved up the no exploding ring saying it was a plan from impact to make aew look shit and from Kenny to lol at all the aew marks, he ripped Eddy to peaces a lol moment was when he and Kenny did a 69 taking the piss out of Eddy when he covered Mox, at the end Eddy got his revenge as he beat the shit out of Kenny with Mox coming out to help after they had cleared the ring Christian came out and finished off Kenny and held the belt up so looks like hes the next to go after Kenny belt, it also set up Moxley/Kingston vs Good Brothers as a feud which i think could be good,
9 out of 10 loved this,

match 4 Six-Woman Tag Team Match
there is no hiding it that was a shambles it was a mess from beginning to end, the fact that the coms team where pissing them self lol at the mess of a start tells you it all, as it went on more spots where missed or messed up the only one who came out of this with any credit was Rosa as she did her best to hold it together in the end telling some of the other where they should be , she was a cut above , she really should be the champ not the very interesting Shida, i was let wondering how many fans actually got the Japanese girls gimmicks as it looks like aew just things all there fans watch japan wrestling they really dont aew need to tell there stories proper,
3 out of 10

match 5 TNT Championship Match: Scorpio Sky vs. Darby Allin
best match of the night, thats how you book a match its so simple when done right, both wrestles looked good they worked well together, Allin showed he can mat wrestle Sky looked the star he was back when tag champ,
it was good to see Sky protected in his loos as it was to a fluke roll-up and then earned all his heel heat back by attacking Allin and leaving him writhing in pain so simple why not do things like that more often,
i look forward to seeing there feud the TNT belt has not been defended since Lee lost it to Cody can see both men benefiting from working with each other on tv every week,
8 out of 10

main event was not a match but was The Inner Circle War Council
tis was great it started out looking like MJF was going to get found out at long last after Sami came back and showed Jericho a vid of max plotting against him and all the inner circle turned on him but just before he got his ass kicked the new Horseman a faction MJF has bulit ( FTR, Blanchard, Spears and Wardlow ) came out and destroyed the inner circle instantly becoming the number 1 heel faction in aew it looks like its turned the inner circle face as well as was said back at the start of the year Jericho wanted to go, its not often a bit of story telling works this well, this sets up the next two months of tv until the next ppv
9 out of 10

it was a funny week with more promo than matches and of the matches there where only 2 where good but the promo was excellent so i enjoyed the show, i liked that it set up lots of new stories

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 16-03-2021 15:59

the new AEW dark Elevation had its debut last night, its a 2 hour show, its a sort of half dark half dynamite, it has lost of easy win matches for the tv stars against jobbers but unlike dark it has interviews with the stars and some story telling,

Kenny Omega was on the show to help the rating he was forced into a match by Tony Khan who played the same way we have seen him on impact wonder its learning being an on screen talent before starting on tv,
the Kenny angle is he was on dark looking at talent out side the top 5 as he said Khan rating system is a load of shit,
he told Sydal that if he can beat Nakazawa then he would get a world title shot in the main event,
the match was a set up and Kenny and Nak destroyed Sydal so he could not win at the end Tony came out and said that was not happening so they are going to have the match again on tv this week and if Sydal wins hes the new number on contender so when you see it on tv later this week thats what its all about,

next Miro & Kip destroyed a couple of jobbers fast the point of the match was the end where Miro stopped Ford getting in the ring to celebrated with them, the start of the splitting of Miro and Kip has started,

QT Marshall did a good promo selling his will he wont he split from the Nightmare Family
after that Marshall went out to defeat Marko Stunt in a good match,
After the match, Peter Avalon, Cezar Bononi, and Nick Nemeth beat up stunt so looks like the pretty people are going to have a feud with jurassic express on this show,

Will Hobbs cut a good promo nice to see him on the mic, afterwards Hobbs backed up his words in a easy win against Brandon Cutler,

next it was a sit down interview with Lee Johnson aew really do have plans for him,

next Jungle Boy defeated Danny Limelight easy win

Big Swole defeated Skyler Moore in her comeback match she looked over in injury thats kept her off tv for ages

Tay Conti defeated Ashley Vox Tay is being pushed hard to replace Anna Jay as the main woman in the dark order

Red Velvet defeated Dani Jordyn the 3rd easy win for a woman who has been on tv not sure these short squash matches really do a lot to show them off,

Max Caster defeated Dante Martin this was a nise heel win with some good heel tactics Max is progressing well more time on dark and less on tv will do him well,

Abadon defeated Ray Lyn yet another fast pointless squash,

Diamante defeated Leila Grey see every other womans match on the show to this point , its good they are using the women but this is not going to buld stars for tv,

Private Party, Butcher, & Blade defeated Dean Alexander, Carlie Bravo, Brick Aldridge, & David Ali a good practice match for Matts new stable before we see them on tv

main event Riho defeated Maki Itoh The cutest in the world did her song and dance routine before the match started which i liked , the action was pretty good best match of the night, they needed less matches and more like this one which was a proper wrestling match,

a mixed bag the the interviews where the best bit as we learned about wrestlers who dont get to talk on tv,
Paul Wight was good on coms he will be on tv sooner than later,
i do worry to much of this weeks tv show is being set up on a show most will not have seen

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 17-03-2021 11:42

Just watched a tiny bit of this and my first thought on a production level was could they have not done an opening video... instead of a cold open with some random jobber it seemed a bit flat to me and looked exactly like the other dark show

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 17-03-2021 13:33

^^ I thought the matches where the same as the other dark as well but the fact they did interviews and promo was a big difference, if they use this show to get the newer guys better at mic work then that's a good thing, also if people learn more about the wrestlers they will be more interested in them I just wish it wasn't two hours long should be an hour focus on the wrestlers who may make it onto TV

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Geriisgreat - 19-03-2021 21:59

Roll on tonight's showing of dynamite especially the lights out match between thunder Rosa and Dr britt Baker if you haven't read or seen any footage on YouTube I recommend you watch this fight probably one of the most brutal female fights I've seen

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 20-03-2021 00:20

Women throwing themselves in pins and bleeding is quite frankly a disgrace and then after it they film them backstage all happy and
congratulating each other and britt says maybe meltzer will give me 5 stars now....... Wow thats pathetic and everything wrong with aew.

I have un-series linked dynamite on my sky box im done with it winsaw you can do the predictions if you like,

Once the wwe network gets incorparated with bt sports which will happen by the end of the year, my wrestling viewing days are over.

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 20-03-2021 16:18

^^ lol what u on about goat, that was one of the best womans matches ever seen on a tv show, it was so great to see a womans match booked like a mens exactly what we should be seeing, thats how i want to see women going at it brilliant from beginning to end, if you didn't like that match then you dont like wrestling such skill on show, the show averaged 768,000 viewers which was also amazing as proves a show headlined by women can draw,

[Image: aew-12.jpg]

thats one of the best blade jobs i seen in a long time, that up there with the way legends like the nature boy used to cut themselves

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 20-03-2021 17:00

my review of this weeks dynamite

match 1 Cody Rhodes vs. Penta El Zero Miedo
this was an excellent match and a great way to kick off the show, they had so many good moves so good to see Penta get the chance to show why hes a main event level singles guy, loved everything about this match , the story telling was excellent, loved the way Cody was selling, i liked the post match beat down as it made Penta look strong in his loss
9 out of 10

match 2 Jade Cargill vs. Dani Jordyn
only poor match of the night, was a quick squash win for Jade and even in this she looked so limited she really is not ready to be on tv,
5 out of 10

next MJF Introduces The Pinnacle
this was a great promo MJF was like a young HHH he totally sold the Pinnacle as the most important faction in wrestling since Evolution
8 out of 10

match 3 10-Man Tag Team Match "Big Money" Matt Hardy led a team consisting of Private Party, The Butcher and The Blade against Jurassic Express' Luchasaurus, Jungle Boy and Marko Stunt and Bear Country
this was a fun match but not as good as i was expecting considering how good everyone is in it, i had hoped that Bear Country would get more of a chance to shine on there first time on tv considering the big push they had on dark for weeks, i am not sure Butcher and blade fit with hard, team hard won
7 out of 10

next Tony Schiavone Interviews Darby Allin and Sting
this was a great promo that set up to huge new things ,
first Allin vs. Archer is now a feud this will be excellent to great workers
2nd Cage stepping out from the rest of Team Taz and showing respect to Sting i hope this will see him turn face and become the star we all hoped he would be,

match 4 Eddie Kingston and Jon Moxley vs. The Good Brothers
this was a really good match its main job was to build up Eddie by showed off Kingston’s toughness as he weathered The Good Brothers’ offensive it worked really well for this,
it was also very well booked with the way the win happened and the post match beat down doing the job of protecting the good brothers and giving them there heat back,
also after the match the Buks came out and left the click setting up a match with the good brothers after there feud with Eddie and Mox is done,
8 out of 10

match 5 Rey Fenix vs. Angelico
this was nothing special really was just a long squash match meant to put Rey over with out making Angelico look to bad and it did this
7 out of 10

main event Unsanctioned Lights Out Match: Thunder Rosa vs. Dr. Britt Baker DMD
OMG what can i say wrestling dont really get much better than this, the best hardcore match i seen on tv in years, it was so violent,
so impressed with how deep Britt let the ref cut her head so she bled buckets for most of the match,
the use of the pins was a true OMG moment Britt came out of this looking like the toughest woman in wrestling today and now the biggest star, Rose confirmed her spot as one of the best women wrestles in the world,
the big table bump at the end that gave Rose the win was phenomenal
this was a genuine Match of the Year candidate one of the most important matchs AEW has ever put on as means so much for the aew womans division,
10 out of 10 perfection

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 20-03-2021 17:33

(20-03-2021 16:18 )winsaw Wrote:  ^^ lol what u on about goat, that was one of the best womans matches ever seen on a tv show, it was so great to see a womans match booked like a mens exactly what we should be seeing, thats how i want to see women going at it brilliant from beginning to end, if you didn't like that match then you dont like wrestling such skill on show, the show averaged 768,000 viewers which was also amazing as proves a show headlined by women can draw,

[Image: aew-12.jpg]

thats one of the best blade jobs i seen in a long time, that up there with the way legends like the nature boy used to cut themselves

What world are you living in where you think it drew ? Drew what 20k viewers from last week ? After they lost 20% of their audience from the week before ?

If you think 2 people hitting themselves with weapons and falling on pins is great wrestling and requires such skill Surprised It also will now just make everything even more meaningless not to sound sexiest but having 2 small women use all the weapons and kick out will now just make the guys go well thunder rose got hit with a chair 5 times and dropped on pins and kicked out so.... this is a bad precedent to set i fully expect one of idiots in aew to die doing something stupid.

Also what made that a good "blade job" exactly ? Because from what i saw rosa drop kicked a ladder that clearly didnt go near her head then the camera panned away and when it came back she was bleeding, whats so great ? Seen that loads of times.

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 20-03-2021 18:00

^^ it was a great blade job as she agreed to be cut so deep, not many do that these days fair play to her got my total respect,
and honestly mate why should women not be allowed to hit big moves like this when it fits there story perfectly, it was a great match,
you are in a very very small minority who didn't that what was match of the year so far mate,