The UK Babe Channels Forum
Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. (/showthread.php?tid=74255)

RE: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - HannahsPet - 30-12-2019 09:34

(29-12-2019 12:40 )skully Wrote:  
(29-12-2019 11:15 )babelover48 Wrote:  Betty Boothroyd was honoured wasn't she?

She was, in 2001 she was made a life peer. Google is your friend.

Get a feeling he might get his in the Queens Birthdays honours needs to make sure they have actually left so the ERG cant scupper the deal

See a big reshuffle in Feb get rid of all the bastards lol

RE: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - southsidestu - 30-12-2019 17:23

imgbox

Something that I feel we need to remember is that many people were in favour of UC in principal & it failed because Osborne wouldn't give him the money, in fact a lot of DWP's cuts came from his relentless & unyielding deficit reduction targets.

This should not let Sir IDS off the hook, it just means we shouldnt let Osborne slip out the back door because even though he didnt get the honour but he stepped out of the limelight & scrutiny into a cushy editors, job for which he had no qualification, with a nice salary & platform to spread his views

May not be a peerage/honour in name but it is in every other measurable aspect

RE: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - lovebabes56 - 31-12-2019 20:04

Petition against IDS' knighthood has now reached 226,000

RE: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - GMach1 - 02-01-2020 19:09

Mr Speaker, John Bercow was overlooked for a gong, but I reckon that was revenge for having a go at the Conservatives over the years and not letting them get their way in Parliament. Speakers who step down normally are knighted or given some kind of longevity award. I couldn't believe the 'quiet man of politics' IDS was even considered for one-another example of Tory cronyism!

RE: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - lovebabes56 - 02-01-2020 20:15

Petition against IDS' knighthood has now reached 300,000

RE: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - hornball - 02-01-2020 20:34

(02-01-2020 20:15 )babelover48 Wrote:  Petition against IDS' knighthood has now reached 300,000
It won't make a blind bit of difference!! Just as raising objections to sports people, or show business 'so - called' personalities receiving honours, falls on deaf ears!

To not honour Bercow - who at least can claim public service - is just petty, and shows the need for an urgent review of the system, and the introduction of an independent panel to decide upon recipients and status level ie MBE.OBE, CBE etc

RE: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - southsidestu - 02-01-2020 23:40

I personally don't mind the honours system as a concept, honouring people for their body of work is common place in most countries around the world so I have no objection to it. Obviously there is corruption in the system but I tend not to be a baby out with the bathwater kind of person. It would be interesting to see how the honours system in those other countries work and what can be learned from them

RE: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - lovebabes56 - 06-01-2020 20:33

£25 to vote in Labour leadership contest - what did they charge once for joining?

RE: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - lovebabes56 - 20-01-2020 23:33

Boris suffers first loss since election - so what was that all about?

RE: Politics - The Non-Brexit Thread. - Charlemagne - 20-01-2020 23:38

^ It was only in the House of Lords. The legislation gets past back to the Commons.