The UK Babe Channels Forum
All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Wrestling (/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+----- Thread: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=75964)

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - lenny10 - 06-05-2021 20:05

Anyone's thoughts on the Jericho fall lol

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Geriisgreat - 06-05-2021 22:24

Sooo wanted mjf to fall may have knocked some sense into him apart from that I was quite impressed by there double ring with the cage a little similar to wwe hell in a cell

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 10-05-2021 15:13

really disappointed by how much of the blood and guts match ITV edited out the match was 60mins long ITV only showed 35mins of it,
it meant the 2nd half of the match was unwatchable as so much was missing, we came back from a break and the ring was distroyed, we came back fram a break and they are on top of the cage, what a mess from ITV , would it have killed them to make the show 2 and a half hours as a special event, or not show some of the earlier matches that where not so important,
i really hope AEW goes to sky soon and starts to be shown live

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 10-05-2021 15:25

(06-05-2021 20:05 )lenny10 Wrote:  Anyone's thoughts on the Jericho fall lol

it was such a small area of the ramp with the padding that if he had missed he could have been in a lot of problems, made perfect story line sense as well,
the only issue with it was that Allin had been pushed down steps unprotected an hour earlier in the show nearly breaking his arm, so seeing Jericho land on a crash mat lost some of its impact,

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 10-05-2021 15:54

it was a good week ratings wise for AEW in the US the show did averaged 1.090 million viewers and it was the number 1 show on cable for the first time ever,

this weeks show

match 1 was Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston vs. Kenny Omega and MT Nakazawa
this was a nothing match and felt like lazy booking, Kenny was the cowardly heel who left his own partner to get beat up before coming back when it turned into a 6 on 2 it did nothing to move the story on 4 out of 10

match 2 Cody Rhodes vs. QT Marshall;
a bit better it was a good match that made no sense for Cody to win if as looks like hes now going to fight Ogogo next week, 6 out of 10 good match poor story

Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page Assault Darby Allin this was a good beat down and the first bet of sensible story of the night, its looking more and more like Sky is going to be the next TNT champ 7 out of 10

match 3 Dr. Britt Baker DMD vs. Julia Hart
this was a classic AEW squash match , got Britt back on tv , she looked good and it hyped the PPV match thats coming for the belt, 7 out of 10

match 4 4-Way Tag Team Eliminator Match The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens and Max Caster), Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus), Varsity Blondes (Brian Pillman Jr. and Griff Garrison) and SCU (Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels) battled in a Four-Way Tag Team Eliminator match for the right to challenge The Young Bucks for the AEW Tag Team Championships
this was a little messy at times as it did not have the time to get going proper basically everyone had to go straight to there finishers lol, SCU where always going to win shame what could be there last win on tv was not a great match the legends deserved 6 out of 10

Double or Nothing Championship Announcement,
Pac v orange next week to see who loses to Kenny on the PPV, looks most likely Orange will win next week,
also announced that Miro will face Allin for the belt,
and Jon Moxley vs. Yuji Nagata for the IWGP United States Championship wow that could be epic so good to see wresting royalty in Nagata on aew,
next week looks like 3 PPV level title matches

main event Blood & Guts: The Inner Circle vs. Pinnacle
it was great seeing a war games match back on a big tv show but as i say ITV stopped me seeing so much of it its hard to rate it, the action i did see i liked all the men did the best they could, and the Pinnacle winning makes sense for the story as it gives the faces the chance of the big comback win on the the next PPV, the end took to long to set up which was not great

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Geriisgreat - 10-05-2021 21:15

Yeah im with you winsaw I tried to watch the whole of the inner circle vs pinnacle on YouTube was highly frustrated with itv and the timings of the breaks I'll be intrigued to see what happens next between the inner circle and the pinnacle

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Geriisgreat - 16-05-2021 21:19

Well that was a pretty impressive dynamite this week some good matches and promos with double or nothing joa few weeks away buzzing that spring stampede is coming back probably one of the best matches I watched last year hopefully the inner circle kick mjf and his pinnacle buddies ass

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 17-05-2021 14:34

^^ totally agree mate , lot of good matches this week, and that stamped mate is going to make the ppv very special if it's as good as the first one, I think the inner circle will win if Jericho arm is ok by then

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - mikedafc - 17-05-2021 23:02

(06-05-2021 20:05 )lenny10 Wrote:  Anyone's thoughts on the Jericho fall lol

Dreadful camera angle to expose the fact he fell onto crash mats

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 19-05-2021 15:47

my thoughts on last weeks show

match 1 - IWGP United States Championship Match: Jon Moxley vs. Yuji Nagata

this was excellent, i liked that Mox came out to his IWGP music, it was good to see the ref follow the IWGP rules, it was a really hard hitting stiff match, showed the fans what a Japanese main event is all about,
it was very good to see Mox playing the heel a side will never see in AEW, Nagata showed why hes a legend, loved the respect at the end, 9/10

match 2 - AEW World Tag Team Championship Match: SCU vs. The Young Bucks
this was a great match as expected, SUC showed why they where at the top for so long, the Bucks where really nasty in this, and it really worked to make them even more hated heels, i am really starting to like them now, 9/10

match 3 - World Title Eliminator Match: Orange Cassidy vs. Pac
this match went wrong really badly when Orange got a Liger Bomb and was knocked out, the ref had to push him out the ring, they went to a break but he was fucked after and didn't know what he was doing, from that moment everything was being called live by Aubrey Edwards on the fly not seen that happen on live TV in a long time, they sent Kenny to the ring to knock out Pac so the ref could count both men out for a no contest the first ever time thats happened on AEW, no rating

match 4 - Thunder Rosa vs. Jazmin Allure
a poor squash match that was just there to remind people that Rosa works for AEW sometimes 3/10

main event - TNT Championship Match: Darby Allin vs. Miro
this was good booking Allin needed a rest after nearly breaking his arm last week,
the fact Allin has won 16 times on tv before has made him a star who will win this belt again at some point, but also makes Miro a star at last as the man who beat him at long last,
its good booking all round as it lets Miro face The Murderhawk Monster who has been waiting for a heel to have the belt for weeks, and it sets up a big PPV match between Sky and Page v Allin and Sting a match that could make Sky and Allin stars, 8/10