The UK Babe Channels Forum
Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Member Introductions & Personal Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+---- Forum: Personal Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+---- Thread: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell (/showthread.php?tid=65571)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - TURNIPHEAD - 24-07-2015 13:49

(24-07-2015 12:30 )skully Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 00:06 )TURNIPHEAD Wrote:  First it was SB who closed his account and now Mr Mystery has closed his account with this forum
What is going on with this forum , have I missed something ?
Mr Mystery made a cryptic comment about no thanks to SB from any of the Mods
Have the Mods upset them ?

Mr Mystery asked to close his account for personal reasons, it was nothing to do with the forum or anyone on here. Please don't look for a conspiracy where there isn't one. Others have had real world things come up which meant they wanted to cut ties with the forum, remember Skateguy, he just up and left without warning.

As for others thinking we're heavy handed, or this is all our fault, that's just not true. We give everyone a fair chance when they cross the line or do something wrong, it's not a case of if you post something we personally don't like we ban you, claiming otherwise isn't helpful or true.

As for SB, a series of small issues have built up and caused an issue or two which were moderated fairly (which is nobodies business), if SB chooses to return at some point, he will be welcome to, we don't discount his contributions and we don't hold grudges against members, we're not that petty.

Thank you for the explanation Skully

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - Forum Style - 24-07-2015 13:55

If anyone is thinking that Scottishbloke was an innocent who was forced off the forum by the moderating team then you've forgotten what made him such a valuable contributor - his combative passion for the channels and everything else in life. He made the decision to leave of his own accord. His account is still open so if he wishes to return, he will. If not? We should stand by his decision and wish him well. Personally, I like the Skateguy way of leaving, less flouncy than 'announcing' it - that's purely intended to provoke a reaction from us.

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - Mellow - 24-07-2015 15:44

(19-07-2015 18:54 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Please know that the decision I've had to take is truly heart wrenching but sadly I can no longer continue to post on this forum and I wish to close my account down.

Isn't it a bit strange that Mr Mystery's request was granted so quickly but SB's account has still not been closed?

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - terence - 24-07-2015 15:50

not strange, just a coincidence. just to reiterate what skully has already said, mr mystery wanted his account closed immediately for personal reasons. to use his own words, he said it had nothing to do with the forum or anyone on it. i take him at his word because from my experience he was a straight talker and if he did have a problem with anything or anyone on here, he would've said so.

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - speedybert - 24-07-2015 16:08

Shame.Another straight talker departs these shores

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - Forum Style - 24-07-2015 16:40

(24-07-2015 15:44 )Mellow Wrote:  Isn't it a bit strange that Mr Mystery's request was granted so quickly but SB's account has still not been closed?

From what Skully said, I assume that Scottishbloke didn't request his account to be closed via PM. He just said so in the original post on this thread, which by my reckoning wouldn't be sufficient to close an account - otherwise Kal-El's would also be closed.

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - SOCATOA - 24-07-2015 17:18

This thread is full of people who see something that isnt thereSad Kinda like me after 5 or 6 pints of this wonderful ciderHuhHuh

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - Whynot - 24-07-2015 19:49

(24-07-2015 12:30 )skully Wrote:  {snip}

Just an idea, maybe if mods were voted for and not just appointed then people would not complain as much. Or even an anonymous poll now and again where members can vote on whether they think individual mods are doing a good/fair job.

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - Snooks - 24-07-2015 20:01

Whether mods are appointed or voted for the nominated person has to want to do it first.
Different people will have different perceptions as to what characteristics and which forum members might make a good mod.
I would be an awful mod and would not really want the pressure of the job in all honesty.
I am so glad I don't have the responsibility of a mod, it would do my head in Huh.

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell - skully - 24-07-2015 20:29

(24-07-2015 19:49 )Whynot Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 12:30 )skully Wrote:  {snip}

Just an idea, maybe if mods were voted for and not just appointed then people would not complain as much. Or even an anonymous poll now and again where members can vote on whether they think individual mods are doing a good/fair job.

Why should people get the right to vote, Mods are appointed by admin, he owns the forum, he advises us of how he would like things done, we follow his guidelines and if there is an issue, he tells us, we answer to him and him alone.

And no, there won't be any polls to vote on mods and moderation.