The UK Babe Channels Forum
England squad for Euro 2016 - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Football (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+----- Thread: England squad for Euro 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=67929)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: England squad for Euro 2016 - 7 stars of the orient - 28-05-2016 16:41

I think 20 names are certain and it's 3 more to be selected from 5 - Rashford, Sturridge, Townsend, Barkley and Drinkwater.

RE: England squad for Euro 2016 - setter1000 - 28-05-2016 17:42

I think he will take Rashford, Townsend and Drinkwater.

RE: England squad for Euro 2016 - lovebabes56 - 30-05-2016 20:17

I would leave out both Wilshere and Sterling

RE: England squad for Euro 2016 - HannahsPet - 31-05-2016 14:08

Drinkwater and Thownsend left out

ROY you tool !!!!

RE: England squad for Euro 2016 - Regenerated - 31-05-2016 14:26

Yeah, Townsend I'm not particularly surprised about, he hasn't had many games, or at least not in time for the squad. But Drinkwater's exclusion is a mistake. Wilshere or Sterling should have been cut for me.

Oh well. Roy you're a plonker. Big Grin

RE: England squad for Euro 2016 - jimminybob - 31-05-2016 14:32

You can never please everyone with these squads but the biggest criticism of Hodgson is his usual conservatism and this squad is far from conservative. 5 strikers, including an 18 year old, plenty of attacking midfield options and only 3 centre halves suggest he's going to go for it and I applaud him for that

RE: England squad for Euro 2016 - Mr77 - 31-05-2016 14:53

How Drinkwater's missed out when he outplayed every single midfielder in the squad , leave Stirling or Wilshire out as they were in poor form / out injured for most of the season respectively .

RE: England squad for Euro 2016 - William H Bonney - 31-05-2016 15:11

Those who didn't want Wilshire in the squad should stand by for another disappointment - the bookies have him odds on to make England's starting 11 for the match against Russia.

RE: England squad for Euro 2016 - Regenerated - 31-05-2016 15:12

(31-05-2016 14:32 )jimminybob Wrote:  You can never please everyone with these squads but the biggest criticism of Hodgson is his usual conservatism and this squad is far from conservative. 5 strikers, including an 18 year old, plenty of attacking midfield options and only 3 centre halves suggest he's going to go for it and I applaud him for that

The squad for me, particularly the defenders, is risky. There's very little tournament experience in there. Plus you've just said yourself that with only 3 centre backs, well for me that is another risk. If one of them gets crocked, we're going to be struggling to patch a back line together, and its not the time to take risks when there's doubts already over a few of the midfielders fitness.

I am pleased that he's took five strikers instead of the usual four that his predecessors have taken, although you could question whether Rooney's a striker these days. I know he's a forward, not disputing that, but I think his best position now is behind the front striker. But I would have preferred more experience and more defensive options in a tournament. Drinkwater in the squad would have provided extra defensive cover.

I've nothing against going for it, but there's a fine line between going for it and being overly risky.

RE: England squad for Euro 2016 - stowman - 31-05-2016 15:17

Squad has been announced with Drinkwater, Townsend and Delph being the ones cut from the 26 man training squad. I would have taken Townsend and probably left Sterling who hasn't impressed me recently and had a poor end of season partly due to injury.