The UK Babe Channels Forum
Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: TV & Film Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+---- Thread: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn (/showthread.php?tid=8149)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - BODISGOD - 10-06-2009 17:40

I have to say here in Ireland setanta was well worth the money cos we got 3 o'clock kick offs on saturdays as well as as the half 5 games, and they usually showed either united or liverpool and as most Irish people support either of these i thought it was good value

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - DiduHearThat - 10-06-2009 17:45

i wonder who will get the ufc if it goes tits up doubt bravo will get it back

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - Josh - 10-06-2009 17:49

As a paying subscriber, I have no complaints with the content or price for Setanta Sports. Obviously they are no sky sports, but I think it’s good value for money. I guess on top of the other packages you have, the cost can build up. Maybe a pay for what you watch may have worked better. I hope the channel survives. Sky cant buy the remaining prem packages for live games. Most likely they will be brought by ESPN. Thus another channel to pay.

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - BODISGOD - 10-06-2009 18:24

I'd imagine ESPN will buy all of setanta's rights, i'm surprised they've waited this long.

Satanta Sports - rogerthedoger - 10-06-2009 18:37

soon Satanta Sports will be gone they o the premier league £30 million pounds and they have not payed them

RE: Satanta Sports - SOCATOA - 10-06-2009 18:45

rogerthedoger Wrote:soon Satanta Sports will be gone they o the premier league £30 million pounds and they have not payed them

Think "Buggerd" is the word you are looking for!!!!

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - *Kal-El* - 10-06-2009 19:06

Tell you one thing i bet season tickets will rocket up in price Sad

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - Dreamlander - 11-06-2009 08:46

I'm sure it's good value if you want to watch most of what they broadcast but I'm sure the majority of subscribers did so for the Premiership matches only.I did and only watch them,nothing else,apart from the rare England game is of interest to me.I subscribed because I could no longer buy the 50 games for £50 Prem Plus package from Sky.

Dreamlander

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - 654321 - 11-06-2009 10:46

Every1s sayin ESPN will buy the rights, but what channel will it be broadcasted on? cos the only ESPN channel on Sky is the classics channel.

N the reason ppl hate setanta is because of the money they charge and for that money they're only jus offering viewing, their pundits and coverage is Z list. Craig Burley? Steve McManamon?
Sky will probably get 23 of 46 setanta matches.
The most likely outcome is Setanta will not go outta business but will instead hold the rites and charge people to broadcast it.

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - tsurugi - 11-06-2009 12:23

ESPN also have a ppv channel