The UK Babe Channels Forum
Boxing Chat & Discussion - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=268)
+----- Thread: Boxing Chat & Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=18980)

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 22-04-2017 09:29

One week today Joshua faces Wladimir Klitschko surely this has to be the toughest test for Joshua so far Wladimir maybe 41 but I'm thinking he could take AJ full distance

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 26-04-2017 09:55

See on Twitter Parker called out Bellew Parker started it off by saying he'll fight anyone and it seems like Bellew has called his bluff!! Tongue I don't know if that's a brave move or a stupid one by Parker

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 02-05-2017 18:52

I don't think you could find as sweet an uppercut thrown by a heavyweight in the last 12 months than the one Joshua threw on Saturday night in the 1tth that was a absolute beauty a real boneshaker I half expected Kiltschko to be spark out after that one how he got up I do not know

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Jack the Nipper - 02-05-2017 21:39

Having boxed at amateur level myself (years ago) & sparred hundreds of rounds I can safely say that for me the uppercut is the most difficult punch to land cleanly & as you rightly say was the shot that ultimately ended Klitschko's night.
Mike Tyson in his prime (in his early 20's) had that devastating 2 punch combo where he would land a left hook to the body then turn it into a left uppercut to the head.

The most brutal & haunting uppercut for me was the one Eubank's caught Michael Watson with in the 11th round of their rematch unfortunately.Eubank's seemed to throw the uppercut from the floor level to connect onto Watson's jaw.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 03-05-2017 06:37

at least AJ answered many questions Saturday night - how he would react after a knockdown and such, I think he has the power to clean up the whole division and unify the titles for quite some time and boxing really would have better creditability if the heavyweight division was unified and stayed unified then maybe over time more divisions would probably look at unified champions
If Klitschko did seek a rematch I would very much hope it could take place in London.

Wilder V Bellew would an interesting match up but at the same time I think Wilder probably would KO Bellew in under 6 and would be a dangerous fight for Tony to take on but he proved he can handle big shots when he fought Haye. But one last thing on AJ Vs Kiltschko they should both be given credit for their performance at the conference and the way they conducted themselves after the fight

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 03-05-2017 06:41

(02-05-2017 21:39 )Jack the Nipper Wrote:  Having boxed at amateur level myself (years ago) & sparred hundreds of rounds I can safely say that for me the uppercut is the most difficult punch to land cleanly & as you rightly say was the shot that ultimately ended Klitschko's night.
Mike Tyson in his prime (in his early 20's) had that devastating 2 punch combo where he would land a left hook to the body then turn it into a left uppercut to the head.

The most brutal & haunting uppercut for me was the one Eubank's caught Michael Watson with in the 11th round of their rematch unfortunately.Eubank's seemed to throw the uppercut from the floor level to connect onto Watson's jaw.

I wonder how AJ would have coped with that combo by Tyson if he had fought Tyson at his peak? Certainly I would have to agree, Tyson ddi have a devastating combo and there are many youtube videos that display that combo to it's best effect

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Bandwagon - 03-05-2017 07:24

Fair play to Anthony, he achieved in the 11th round what Klitschko failed in the 6th. He put his opponent away.
So I don't want to be overly critical here, since it was such a big stage for Anthony, but he really does need to work on that gas tank of his and his mental approach. You could reasonably argue that Klitschko threw the fight away almost as much as Anthony won it. Anthony seemed to lose his way, he looked totally beat at one stage, mentally and physically. I know Klitschko is a tough opponent, but I do think we saw a few cracks in Anthony's game.

Neither man would get to see round 2 against Tyson in his prime.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Tractor boy - 03-05-2017 14:53

(03-05-2017 06:41 )babelover48 Wrote:  
(02-05-2017 21:39 )Jack the Nipper Wrote:  Having boxed at amateur level myself (years ago) & sparred hundreds of rounds I can safely say that for me the uppercut is the most difficult punch to land cleanly & as you rightly say was the shot that ultimately ended Klitschko's night.

I wonder how AJ would have coped with that combo by Tyson if he had fought Tyson at his peak? Certainly I would have to agree, Tyson ddi have a devastating combo and there are many youtube videos that display that combo to it's best effect

Tyson's KO of Pinklon Thomas in 87 was combination punching at its best. At his peak, iron Mike was a phenomenal fighter

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Jack the Nipper - 03-05-2017 22:02

I used to watch & study a lot of the young Tyson fights literally to death & pick up tips on combos before I'd start training.There were many great knockouts ie Trevor Berbick ( & Berbick's funny dance before hitting the deck),Henry Tillman (where Tyson hit Tillman on the forehead so hard he injured Tillman's neck),Michael Spinks etc.
Tyson's two best knockouts in my opinion came against the legend in Larry Holmes (Tyson was the only man to ever stop Holmes) & also when he knocked out Jesse Ferguson where Tyson threw a sickening uppercut to Ferguson's nose.Tyson admitted in the post fight interview that when he threw the uppercut he wanted to jam Ferguson's nose-bone into his brain.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 04-05-2017 05:41

and he still holds the record as the youngest ever heavyweight champion I have my doubts if there is anyone likely to break that record in my lifetime I totally agree he was a phenomenal boxer and he had a great mentor in Cus D'Amato in those early years, watching some of those KO's back I have to agree, that if Joshua or Kiltsxhko had stepped into the ring with him at that time they wouldn't last round 2 once he got going. I think it will be another year to 18 months at least before we can even talk of Joshua Vs Fury
Of the two other champions I was wondering if it was easier for Joshua to take on Wilder First and then Parker (if he beats Hughie Fury at the end of this month) after any rematch with Kilischko
and if the Chinese get their way it would be one of the richest rematches in history.