The UK Babe Channels Forum
England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Cricket (/forumdisplay.php?fid=215)
+----- Thread: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 (/showthread.php?tid=56609)

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Boomerangutangangbang - 19-01-2014 11:18

Again ,not at the races. annoyed

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - cosmonaut - 19-01-2014 13:28

Australia win with 10 overs to spare and now Cook says he's considering resigning as captain. "I am going to have to make a decision on that when we take stock after the next two games. We have sat down and talked about a lot of things. I think there will be some changes."

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Boomerangutangangbang - 19-01-2014 14:02

If this was a boxing bout it would've been stopped by now.Cook is punch drunk,in his post match interviews he has become a jibberingwreck,talk of change at the post-match press conference is the most sense he's made for a while.Morgan looked the part as captain this last summer when he took charge when Cook was rested.Make him captain now in both shorter forms of the game,harsh on T20 skipper Broad,but we don't neeed 3 captains.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Jack Bishop - 19-01-2014 16:56

^ I have not really been convinced with Cook as captain even in the longer format, however I would not go for changing until this tour has run its course. Apart from anything the Oz media will have a field day. Also it would seem hard on Broad who has done nothing wrong and been one of the few who have had a decent to tour to date.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Snooks - 19-01-2014 17:04

I think this is one of the worst England tours of all time if not THE WORST.
It is possible England might lose every single game against Australia in all formats.
Total whitewash!!

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Boomerangutangangbang - 23-01-2014 23:43

Australia are giving England their best chance to win a match as they are resting Clarke,Warner,Watson & Haddin.The full line-up has already been named,a day ahead subject to change.

Aaron Finch, Shaun Marsh, George Bailey ©, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Wade (w), Daniel Christian, James Faulkner, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Pattinson.

Still looks strong enough to beat England.

Play starts - Fri 03.20

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - William H Bonney - 24-01-2014 04:25

England are unchanged. The toss has been lost this time but England will still bat first, as in the previous 3 matches. Johnson will bowl the first over, to Cook first of all, who has withdrawn his comments about considering his position and now says he is desperate to carry on as captain.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Boomerangutangangbang - 24-01-2014 05:07

Cracking start by England in the first 10 power play overs,73-0 with 12 boundaries.Maxwell on now,don't let him go at 4 an over.I would've seriously considered taking the batting power play.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Jack Bishop - 24-01-2014 08:30

England finished with a very competitive 316/8 with some knocks including Butler 71, Stokes 70 and Bell 55. Ordinarily you would think it would be just enough, but on this tour .... ?

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Boomerangutangangbang - 24-01-2014 10:55

OK as in my previous post,we did let Maxwell go at only 4 an over & managed 24-2 in the batting power play.Cook & Bell would've made better use of it.