The UK Babe Channels Forum
RIP Queen Elizabeth II - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: RIP Queen Elizabeth II (/showthread.php?tid=86375)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: RIP Queen Elizabeth II - Snooks - 17-09-2022 10:59

I shall refrain on the basis it would be the longest post ever made in the history of the forum. I have such an inordinate list of objections to the current honours system it would take me a month to construct the post and run into billions of words.
My keypad is knackered enough already laugh

RE: RIP Queen Elizabeth II - Boomerangutangangbang - 17-09-2022 12:10

(16-09-2022 21:59 )SecretAgent Wrote:  ^ When we see all the tosspots that Johnson has nominated as part of his resignation honours list I think we'd be delighted if Beckham got one.
Agree, more deserving than some, but despite the abilities of those awarding such honours, it does show a lack of class to practically nominate yourself.

RE: RIP Queen Elizabeth II - lovebabes56 - 17-09-2022 13:05

There must be more tosspots in the House of Lords than there are in House of Commons Surely?

RE: RIP Queen Elizabeth II - HannahsPet - 17-09-2022 13:50

the honours system is a good idea just like every fucking thing its been corrupted by Politicians !!!

started with Blair and then Cameron and the rest its become about giving favours to friends who helped you out

rather than what it was about in the first place

RE: RIP Queen Elizabeth II - lovebabes56 - 17-09-2022 14:09

(17-09-2022 12:10 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  
(16-09-2022 21:59 )SecretAgent Wrote:  ^ When we see all the tosspots that Johnson has nominated as part of his resignation honours list I think we'd be delighted if Beckham got one.
Agree, more deserving than some, but despite the abilities of those awarding such honours, it does show a lack of class to practically nominate yourself.

Or even beg for one.

RE: RIP Queen Elizabeth II - skully - 17-09-2022 14:14

Please continue the talk about honours etc in a different thread, I won't split it from here, because the conversation naturally went there, but it's on the verge of derailing an In Memoriam thread, which isn't exactly great. So whoever is next to reply, quote the post you are replying to elsewhere, the General News Thread for example and that way it can continue to be discussed without going further off topic here.

Thanks.

RE: RIP Queen Elizabeth II - Tommy826 - 17-09-2022 15:39

I agree. Well said Skully.

RE: RIP Queen Elizabeth II - lovebabes56 - 17-09-2022 19:11

Apologies Skully

RE: RIP Queen Elizabeth II - Skyline - 19-09-2022 14:30

A very sombre but also of a celebration of an absolutely dedicated and moving person. I doubt scenes like this that we are witnessing, either in the streets of London, around the world or on our TV screens, will ever be seen again. I'm not a massive fan of the Royals but you could feel the emotion today, when watching the events unfold, and for me, the most emotional part was her coffin being brought to St George's Chapel....I guess the scale of the loss didn't hit me until then, it was a very emotional event to the loss of such an incredible person - RIP Queen Elizabeth II Sad

I've added a short video of something that I found that showed her sense of humour Smile

RE: RIP Queen Elizabeth II - Charlemagne - 19-09-2022 18:53

I'm not usually a fan of bagpipes, but there's a place for them on solemn occations like todays.
The sight of the massed pipes and drum marching in procession was not to be forgotten.
And at The Queen's Committal Service, her Majesty's Piper played a solitary lament.