The UK Babe Channels Forum
General News Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: General News Thread (/showthread.php?tid=78260)

RE: General News Thread - Slabhead - 24-10-2020 01:53

(24-10-2020 01:11 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  Rashford got an OBE. so his campaign was widely recognised but those in power have let him & millions pf families struggling down by not stepping up to the mark like they should have done.

And no kid should EVER go hungry it's shocking how child poverty in this country has risen steadily in this country and shouldn't even be happening.

He got an MBE actually. Anyway, I havent been following this story in any great detail but apparently he's pushing for the government to expand free school meals during the holidays? Fuck off, fuck right off there. Free meals during school is one thing but after that feed your own god damn child by I don't know, getting a job.

We live in one of the most stable countries in the world with one of the most advanced economies in the world with more diverse opportunities than the vast majority of countries. There is no excuse to be relying on food handouts all year long. Take a look at the streets of Mumbai or Karachi and then talk to me about real deprivation.

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 24-10-2020 03:25

I would say many parents have to make tough choices every day in this country as they struggle with bills and in these times whatever support there is that helps is one thing that is appreciated and people are losing their jobs and livelihoods which is heart breaking to see when you've built up a business from scratch and suddenly it's gone is just as bad and there may not be many jobs around after this winter. You only have to look down any local high street to the real economic downturn of this pandemic.

At least Rashford is a great role model for kids to look up to and many people speak highly of his campaign and I wouldn't be surprised if more footballers spoke out about it knowing it may help do some good and many players from lower league clubs helped in their local communities during lockdown. So footballers aren't all bad you know.

Free school meals are a child's right whatever their status

RE: General News Thread - Slabhead - 24-10-2020 03:38

(24-10-2020 03:25 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  I would say many parents have to make tough choices every day in this country as they struggle with bills and in these times whatever support there is that helps is one thing that is appreciated and people are losing their jobs and livelihoods which is heart breakjng to see when you've built up a businees from scratch and suddenly it's gone is just as bad

Someone bring me a violin! Again, the silly parents shouldn't have had kids in the first place if they can't plan ahead to at least have something around in case a crisis comes along. Starving children is on them, not on the government. I don't much about these things regarding benefits but don't they receive a decent amount on, I don't know, Universal Credit or something? Begging more from the government and especially charities is so undignified.

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 24-10-2020 07:25

What you are forgetting for one thing, that this pandemic came out of nowhere and we were caught out

RE: General News Thread - Slabhead - 24-10-2020 08:18

The pandemic started around 9 months ago, I could've made a baby in that time. I can't stand self pity of those still looking for help from the government all these months later.

RE: General News Thread - skully - 24-10-2020 11:14

Posts have been removed, it was off topic and fucking stupid.

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 24-10-2020 11:34

Apologies skully

RE: General News Thread - Slabhead - 24-10-2020 11:37

Yeah, that was bang out of order lovebabes. Keep the posts on topic. Anyway, fuck lockdown Cool

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 24-10-2020 11:53

I have always been on topic where possible - unlike you

RE: General News Thread - fucu2 - 24-10-2020 19:47

(24-10-2020 03:38 )Slabhead Wrote:  Someone bring me a violin! Again, the silly parents shouldn't have had kids in the first place if they can't plan ahead to at least have something around in case a crisis comes along.

When I was a kid my dad became severely disabled due to an illness that came out of the blue and therefore my mum not only had to care for him but 3 children as well as work nights to bring in an income. Even then I know my mum struggled financially as a lot of the savings they had needed to be used to make changes to the house due to my dads disability. So should my parents have had the forethought to say "hang on we best not have any kids ever just in case something happens to one of us"? If that's the case then no one should ever have kids