The UK Babe Channels Forum
Boxing Chat & Discussion - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=268)
+----- Thread: Boxing Chat & Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=18980)

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 05-11-2017 06:38

Wilder successfully defends his WBC heavyweight crown with 1st round KO against Bermane Stiverne. What would be the better fight next for AJ? I would think he'd be better of facing Whyte before Wilder and then possibly Fury.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Jack the Nipper - 05-11-2017 20:47

Wilder had a similar problem that Joshua had last week in that he had prepare for last minute replacement when original challengers Povetkin & Ortiz pulled out (the latter because of testing positive for drugs) so what better way than bring in someone he had already beat all be it Stiverne hadn't fought for 2 years & looked terribly out of condition.Wilder knew eyes were on him & so he knew he had to send out a message, Wilder threw a lot of big punches with anger & spite behind them & as soon Wilder caught Stiverne with the first big punch Stiverne didn't want to know & knew he was in for an early night & Wilder obliged.

The fight didn't tell us anything we already know about Wilder yes he is a devastating puncher when in the mood,he's long & rangey & quick to the punch but he is wild at times & because he fights with a low guard he does leave his chin out to dry so to speak.
The only things stopping the Joshua - Wilder fight is if either think it's too soon & merely just bluffing with bravado talk & politics (where to stage the fight,purse money & tv channel rights).I just wonder if Wilder can't get the Joshua fight he might look at fighting Takam who Joshua beat (& struggled at times) to see if he can do a better job than Joshua to send out a message.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - The Truth - 05-11-2017 22:12

Joshua vs Parker then Wilder for unification...that's the route AJ should take...Wilder looked good against an out of shape fighter who hadn't fought in 2 years.
Hearn should should offer Wilder the Dillian Whyte fight before unification with AJ! (states side of course) keep him sweet!

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - HannahsPet - 17-02-2018 23:19

Holy Shit whats happend to Prince Naseem Hamed on ITV coverage of groves vs Eubank blimey

[Image: DWRQDyOWsAAvZT-.jpg]

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 17-02-2018 23:21

I think It will be a close one between Groves and Eubank jnr
yet I feel Groves to be stopped by seventh or eighth

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 17-02-2018 23:23

(17-02-2018 23:19 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Holy Shit whats happend to Prince Naseem Hamed on ITV coverage of groves vs Eubank blimey

looks like he's been eating a lot of pies lately TongueTongueTongueBig Grin

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Tractor boy - 18-02-2018 00:12

George Groves takes Chris Eubank Jr to school and wins a unanimous points decision.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Whynot - 18-02-2018 00:26

I love Naz Big Grin he is fat and happy to be fat but if anyone asks if he would make a comeback he tells them he could get down to the lightweight division Big Grin

As for the Eubank jr if he wasn't his fathers dumb clone he wouldn't have even been in the competition. He has two decent names on his record Saunders and Groves and lost to them both. The boy needs to get far away from his dad stop being a dickhead and get his head down and graft if he wants to be a decent fighter... and go back down to middleweight, he hasn't got the power for supermiddle. But i guess after punking out on the GGG fight. For him to think he won is funny... and exactly why he won't change. Then to call out Truax the weakest champ is typical of him. He should try Ramirez Big Grin

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Jack the Nipper - 18-02-2018 01:25

^I certainly agree with Whynot that the best thing for Eubanks Jr would be to drop his dad from being in his corner full-stop & employ a first class trainer like Shane McGuigan,Freddy Coach etc that won't sugar-coat him & be prepared to install a lot of the basics that he showed he lacked in the Groves fight ie improve footwork,improve on the jab & lose a lot of the crudeness he has (mainly due to the very limited amateur background he had).Whilst Eubank Jr showed great heart & great conditioning he is still green-as-grass in the boxing game & never had the amateur pedigree that Groves had & in the pro-game the only credible name on his record was Billy Joe Saunders (which was a close fight) whereas Groves has been tried & tested & apart from the big ko loss in the Froch rematch his record is far more stellar.

I did envisage beforehand that Groves would win widely on points by resorting to his boxing skills (which are very underated) & pick Eubanks off instead of resorting to a slug-fest & certainly didn't buy any of the bullshit by the boxing pundits that Groves was a shot fighter waiting to be knocked out by Eubanks.It was a great fight none-the-less where there plenty of the fighting-in-a- phonebox moments where they stood toe-to-toe but ultimately Groves boxing pedigree & experience paid dividends but I believe his stiffest test will come in the finals against Callum Smith (should he win his semi-final match against Jurgan Braemer).

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - SOCATOA - 18-02-2018 08:30

(17-02-2018 23:23 )babelover48 Wrote:  
(17-02-2018 23:19 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Holy Shit whats happend to Prince Naseem Hamed on ITV coverage of groves vs Eubank blimey

looks like he's been eating a lot of pies lately TongueTongueTongueBig Grin

One word "Gregg's" TongueTongueBounceBounce