The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - The Silent Majority - 30-03-2020 13:33

(29-03-2020 17:44 )winsaw Wrote:  Just looking at the expected food orders for this week over my area, and it's over 1.2 million cases expected to go to store this week , two days over 220000 on there own that's insane the sort of demand we would normally only see around Xmas so looked like people are still buying why more than they need, to put it into context this time of year we should only be sending out 80000-90000 cases a day , surely people must be running out of space to keep all this stuff

It's not all about stockpiling, though. All the restaurants have closed, including the likes of MacDonalds who will feed a shitload of people every day. Most people will be eating 3 meals a day at home, instead of 2 and 'lunch on the move', and the kids aren't getting fed at school.

There are no shortages it's just that all the demand has moved over onto the supermarket supply chain.

Better stock up on Red Bull, you're in this for the long haul Wink

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - Dave64 - 30-03-2020 13:46

(29-03-2020 19:16 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  how difficult has social distancing been in N. Ireland?

Seems to be working well, bar the usual small number of eejits. Lots of criticism of tonnes of people going to seaside etc on Mother’s Day weekend, but that was before the official lockdown and has been extra quiet since. Cases and sadly deaths still rising for now, hopefully it will peak soon. As of today, 533 confirmed cases and 22 deaths.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - babefan2012 - 30-03-2020 13:56

Gotta be honest with all thats coming out with just how much China likely lied I'm kinda shitting myself. If it's true what's said then they should be blackballed the world over. They should be cut out of any deals ever, effectively put in isolation for good. Their government cant be trusted to be open and truthful thats abundantly clear. I don't want to hear any crap of "its not china's fault" or "its not a Chinese virus" or anything along the lines of "communism is wonderful" once this has fucked off I swear to god I'm gonna explode.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - TickleTheOrc - 30-03-2020 15:58

(30-03-2020 13:56 )babefan2012 Wrote:  Gotta be honest with all thats coming out with just how much China likely lied I'm kinda shitting myself. If it's true what's said then they should be blackballed the world over. They should be cut out of any deals ever, effectively put in isolation for good. Their government cant be trusted to be open and truthful thats abundantly clear. I don't want to hear any crap of "its not china's fault" or "its not a Chinese virus" or anything along the lines of "communism is wonderful" once this has fucked off I swear to god I'm gonna explode.

Jesus. Playing the blame game never helps anyone. By that logic, we should have banned / isolated the US for giving the world Swine Flu. Or Isolated Egypt for giving the world MERS. When the next virus epidemic emerges from your own country, are you going to call on the world to isolate your own country? People should have learned from previous epidemics that governments should be prepared or preparing with plans of action.

Instead, we've got current world leaders like Boris that opted for "herd immunity" and Trump calling it a dem Hoax for 2 months. Basically, poor leadership during a crisis f*cks the country. We've mostly put up with poor leadership because elections remove them soon enough. Just now, we're seeing how when leaders lie, people freaking die during a pandemic. If "herd immunity" was a viable option. China would have done that already. If Covid-19 was just a dem Hoax, China wouldn't have literally shut down to attempt to contain it.

China lying? Are the numbers lower than they should be? Maybe, but if we take into account that EVERY country is counting the cases differently. All the numbers provided are a reflection of what they had/were dealing with. Even if you call the 2 weeks that China smothered information on it as Lying. What the heck was your own government doing for the 2 months China was fighting it? Eating popcorn and wiping their asses?

If you want to be angry at something, we've let incompetence rise into leadership positions which they were never fit for.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - babefan2012 - 30-03-2020 16:22

So let me get this straight....because China had it first and people died even though they lied about it thus causing it to have spread out of china there somehow the victim in this??? Right understood. Poor China. If It didnt come from a lab then they've clearly learnt nothing as the very wet market this thing supposedly came from has apparently reopened. Also those things we're mere drops in the ocean compared to this.

Of course I'm pissed off with my Government who stood by and did fuck all for 2 months when even the most basic of flight/travel restrictions might have helped but i'm more fixed on the fact china have hidden and lied about this from the get go and yet somehow its poor China. There Government dont give two flying fucks about there own people they sure hell dont give a fuck about anyone else. They did fuck all to contain it almost as if they wanted it let out.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - TickleTheOrc - 30-03-2020 16:55

(30-03-2020 16:22 )babefan2012 Wrote:  So let me get this straight....because China had it first and people died even though they lied about it thus causing it to have spread out of china there somehow the victim in this??? Right understood. Poor China. If It didnt come from a lab then they've clearly learnt nothing as the very wet market this thing supposedly came from has apparently reopened. Also those things we're mere drops in the ocean compared to this.

Of course I'm pissed off with my Government who stood by and did fuck all for 2 months when even the most basic of flight/travel restrictions might have helped but i'm more fixed on the fact china have hidden and lied about this from the get go and yet somehow its poor China. There Government dont give two flying fucks about there own people they sure hell dont give a fuck about anyone else. They did fuck all to contain it almost as if they wanted it let out.

Was I calling China a victim? I just said that blaming China is a stupid position to take since the origins of an outbreak could literally happen anywhere in the world. China/all of Asia for that matter just has a higher likely hood of it happening because of population density and the food sources.

It is why most gov't handbooks that were written to war-game these situations are based on a highly probable scenario so gov't can effectively recognize a problem and actually react properly.

We've just never planned for leaders so inept at leadership that they'd ignore experts repeatedly for months till people started dying en masse. We all know politicians lie regularly. We just expected they weren't stupid enough to lie to us during an actual crisis when people's very lives were at stake.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - babefan2012 - 30-03-2020 17:18

I sincerely doubt it could occur anywhere in the world seeing as my limited knowledge on this subject it tends to come from eating weird animals, mostly animals eaten by people in that area of the world. Yes any virus could develop anywhere but this one is solely from there and nowhere else. The wet markets are a killer virus waiting to happen, no doubt give another 5 or so years something else will rear its head.

Granted the fact there isn't even the most basic of guidelines on what to do should something like this ever occur is quite frankly ridiculous if you think about it, partly one of the reasons it was allowed out of china was because the big business wouldn't have wanted travel restrictions across the world. Even now they must be having kittens losing money.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - TickleTheOrc - 30-03-2020 17:46

(30-03-2020 17:18 )babefan2012 Wrote:  I sincerely doubt it could occur anywhere in the world seeing as my limited knowledge on this subject it tends to come from eating weird animals, mostly animals eaten by people in that area of the world. Yes any virus could develop anywhere but this one is solely from there and nowhere else. The wet markets a killer virus waiting to happen, no doubt give another 5 or so years something else will rear its head.

Granted the fact there isn't even the most basic of guidelines on what to do should something like this ever occur is quite frankly ridiculous if you think about it, partly one of the reasons it was allowed out of china was because the big business wouldn't have wanted travel restrictions across the world. Even now they must be having kittens losing money.

... Saying your limited knowledge of the subject and then doubling down on the limited knowledge is EXACTLY why we're in this situation. World Leaders or people in general rather than choosing to become more informed on the subject choosing to look at the headlines instead of understanding the problem at large.

Look at it this way. With China getting grasping control over Covid-19 in China, they can restart the factories and heavily start making medical supplies for the rest of the world. Are they making all of our medical supplies? Probably not, but still a large majority.

Hopefully, we'll get leadership in the coming months/years that bullet-proofs our countries from being this under-prepared from itself. Cause we'll be probably seeing a lot of funerals in the coming months.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 30-03-2020 18:08

What you also hsve to consider how many businesses in this country are owned by Chinese companies and will rely on the investment made to keep afloat!! Would you even consider putting British jobs at risk if you blackball China now?

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - babefan2012 - 30-03-2020 18:24

So what part have I not understood??? that something that fundamentally came from a country with weird animal eating habits, most likely from a wet market where all types of animals are sold. Thats not forgetting that there's the even 0.1% chance it aint natural. Am I wrong?

Oh yeah brilliant, so this whole hell hole situation is created and allowed to spread through china's in action and lies but now we have to rely on the them to provide the world with the tools to fight said problem, no doubt as well probably charging 2-3X or more for said medical supplies. OUTFUCKING STANDING. So let me guess does that make them the saviours of the world??? cos if so how fucked up is this situation if thats the case. Can just imagine it now........thank you china. annoyed

As for the jobs, too much is owned by them so nothing will really happen and considering the whole way the world is we'll probably be paying them billions for years as thank you payments or some other ludicrously stupid liberal crap rather than uniting against them for not acting appropriately.