The UK Babe Channels Forum
Boxing Chat & Discussion - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=268)
+----- Thread: Boxing Chat & Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=18980)

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Snooks - 21-04-2019 12:36

Amir Khan lost his title bout against Terence Crawford. His corner withdrew him after six rounds supposedly due to the effects of a low blow.

Amir Khan beaten by Terence Crawford: Briton says 'I have a lot left' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/48001228

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Jack the Nipper - 21-04-2019 22:36

Khan started off the opening round quite well flicking out the jab but once Crawford caught Khan with a short right hook followed two left hooks dropping him Khan was clearly hurt & went into jelly-legged mode as he was rocked several times & tried to survive the round.Khan tried to rally back in the 2nd,3rd & 4th rounds but every time Khan tried to throw a few punches Crawford would switch from orthodox to southpaw then back again threw Khan off his game & effectively nullified him.No matter what trainer Khan has had (he's had a fair few different trainers)they cannot seem to eradicate that awkward charging style he has where he effectively leaves his chin out to dry & whenever he gets caught he'll look to trade which is fine if you have a granite chin & not a poor punch resistance like Khan has.Khan has the boxing ability,speed & movement to box smart but time after time has proven whenever he is hurt he'll go for the fight in a phone booth mentality where he has previously suffered bad KO's against Breidis Prescott,Danny Garcia & Canelo Alvarez.I had Crawford winning all 6 rounds prior to the TKO stoppage & I have watched the low blow punch repeatedly 20 or 30 times & it looks like Crawford caught Khan on the right groin area & not on the protective cup & tbh I suspect Khan was more hurt by the culmination of ferocious body shots Crawford had landed throughout the fight than the low blow itself.The strange thing is Khan didn't even wait for the full 5 minute recovery period to see if he could fight on & effectively signalled to his corner he didn't want to fight on immediately although Khan claims his corner stopped the fight prematurely without Khan's consent.An unsatisfactory ending but Crawford proved why he is one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world with a dominant display & a mouthwatering match-up with Errol Spence awaits.

Will Khan fight on after such a dubious stoppage & pocketing £5 million & if he does the long awaited match-up with Kell Brook is probably the only realistic match-up left for him.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 26-04-2019 18:51

I would agree. that it is the only realistic fight left for him, but I would be very surprised if Brook agrees to it as it has been a long time since they ever got even close to agreeing to it. There is no way Khan could ever fight at world championship level ever again.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 02-05-2019 07:00

Anthony Joshua will now fight Andy Ruiz Jr for his American debut on June 1st and given Ruiz his due he looks a far better quality opponent than Miller and would most likely make it a long night for AJ.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 20-05-2019 10:09

Hmm Wilder KO'S Brezeale in Round 1 - BUT didn't AJ TKO THE same guy in RD 7? no wonder why Eddie isn't keen on AJ facing Wilder!! This would leave me thinking that for the US to take notice of AJ (or take him seriously), he would have to KO Ruiz within the first 5 rounds next Saturday.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 02-06-2019 05:14

Now where does AJ go from here? He has to forget about fighting Fury or Wilder or even Ruiz for the time being, and forget about fighting in the US again for a while. Whether he was out of condition or not, but for him to re - build after that sensational loss he needs to regroup and get that comfort zone feeling back. Maybe he should go after the British, European or Commonwealth Heavyweight titles and work his way back up, fights with likes of Joe Joyce or David Price might be the best way forward for him to use that as a springboard back. I would wait at least another year before taking on Ruiz again in any kind of rematch but I would think Fury at his hungriest and best could take Ruiz apart within 6 rounds, but I think Wilder would likely fight Ruiz before either AJ or Fury does. AJ's invincibility has definitely gone, and I doubt he could ever get that back.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 09-06-2019 11:17

Rematch clause has been triggered and fight will take place in November or December. Joshua has stated he wants to go back to Madison Square Gardens for the rematch, but hopefully we will see a different Joshua then than the one saw a week ago.
I doubt we will ever again see the Joshua we knew before in the re - match, but a week on after the fight there are still theories abound what might have happened before the fight. AFAIC he was probably swept up in the fact that it was his American debut and a debut that went wrong. he has said since that he doesn't remember much from the 3rd round onwards. Whether there was some problem in the camp beforehand we'll probably never know but Ruiz has exposed so many flaws in Joshua's defences.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 15-06-2019 13:37

Fury V Schwarz
Depending on the physical shape & mood Fury is in, I expect the fight to be over by round 6 with a Fury knock out of Schwarz

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 16-06-2019 05:36

Fury Stops Schwarz with 2nd round TKO!!

In other boxing news Josh Warrington retained his world featherweight title with a split decision points win over Kid Galahad, 116-112, 116-113 113-115 verdict.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - HannahsPet - 16-06-2019 06:40

Totally changed my mind on Fury Thought he was a total disgrace to British boxing a few years back now totally changed my mind. He certainly is a showman loved the Apollo Creed style enterance in Las vegas last night