The UK Babe Channels Forum
General News Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: General News Thread (/showthread.php?tid=78260)

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 06-02-2021 08:06

Now we wonder Will Biden allow her to extradited for trial?

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 20-02-2021 05:20

Suptemw courts ruling on uber drivers say uber drivers should be considered being employees and not self employed and should be given workers rights - could that possibly have far reaching consequnces for the taxi sector or for self employed as a whole?

RE: General News Thread - Charlemagne - 21-02-2021 19:46

So Johnson's planning a tunnel between Northern Ireland and the UK.
I believe that the shortest distance is about 11 miles (to the Mull of Kintyre). A more practical alternative is between Stranraer and Bangor at about 25 miles.

But if these ideas weren't weird enough I'm seeing another suggestion.
It's a giant roundabout under The Isle Man linking Northern Ireland to Lancashire/Cumbria & to Scotland Rolleyes

RE: General News Thread - hornball - 21-02-2021 19:50

(21-02-2021 19:46 )Charlemagne Wrote:  So Johnson's planning a tunnel between Northern Ireland and the UK.
I believe that the shortest distance is about 11 miles (to the Mull of Kintyre). A more practical alternative is between Stranraer and Bangor at about 25 miles.

But if these ideas weren't weird enough I'm seeing another suggestion.
It's a giant roundabout under The Isle Man linking Northern Ireland to Lancashire/Cumbria & to Scotland Rolleyes

'.....and the REST of the UK. Just for accuracy you understand!!Wink

RE: General News Thread - terence - 21-02-2021 19:53

^for the time being. Wink

RE: General News Thread - Charlemagne - 21-02-2021 19:55

After review the suggested tunnel links Northern Ireland to Lancashire, Stranraer and Liverpool via the Isle of Man roundabout.

RE: General News Thread - hornball - 21-02-2021 20:18

(21-02-2021 19:53 )terence Wrote:  ^for the time being. Wink

Given Brexit (stupid decision!) that is a more likely scenario than ever before. Polls would suggest some way off still though! If the DUP(ed) had seen the benefits within the May deal, we wouldn't be here. What is galling is that they now want us to forget that they supported Johnson to the point that they virtually guaranteed - as he did in totality, that there would be no 'border with hard infrastructure - or anything else come to that! How did any of them think that was a plausible position, given the EU in ROI, and non EU in NI were joined at the 'geographical hip', and goods people etc moving between the two. |Even Sheldon, Howard Raj and Leonard coiuld not have come up with some other dimension to avoid it!

NI despite the problems, is in a uniquely advantageous position within the single market for goods. How the DUP can put the union which is a separate issue, and a constitutional one which is still within the gift of all of us who live here, ahead of business and the NI economy, beggars believe. Mind you, given that their mates (perhaps a loose definition now) in the conservative party who said 'eff business', perhaps no surprise! Despite what I stated in the first paragraph, if the DUP don't pull their heads in, the people of NI, who are not as wedded to the UK as my generation is, may say 'screw it' time for a change!

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 21-02-2021 21:21

The DUP backed May up to a point as well but so many thought the deal she came up with was bad enough

RE: General News Thread - The Silent Majority - 22-02-2021 00:32

(21-02-2021 20:18 )hornball Wrote:  NI despite the problems, is in a uniquely advantageous position within the single market for goods. How the DUP can put the union which is a separate issue, and a constitutional one which is still within the gift of all of us who live here, ahead of business and the NI economy, beggars believe. Mind you, given that their mates (perhaps a loose definition now) in the conservative party who said 'eff business', perhaps no surprise! Despite what I stated in the first paragraph, if the DUP don't pull their heads in, the people of NI, who are not as wedded to the UK as my generation is, may say 'screw it' time for a change!

Of course, if Scotland becomes independent and re-joins the EU, that would conveniently move the single market border from the Irish sea to the Scottish border Wink

Personally I think Sturgeon should delay Indyref2 until Boris has built, and paid for, our tunnel to NI Cool

RE: General News Thread - The Silent Majority - 22-02-2021 00:35

(21-02-2021 19:46 )Charlemagne Wrote:  But if these ideas weren't weird enough I'm seeing another suggestion.

Don't forget the Beaufort's Dyke bypass Wink