The UK Babe Channels Forum
Boxing Chat & Discussion - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=268)
+----- Thread: Boxing Chat & Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=18980)

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - hornball - 12-09-2021 17:12

(13-08-2021 14:46 )Tractor boy Wrote:  David Haye is to return to the ring after a 3 year absence and fight Joe " the billionaire " Fournier. This will take place on the undercard of 48 year old Oscar De La Hoya V Victor Belfort. Is this what the world's greatest sport has come to ?
Couldn't agree more!! Sad for the sport overall, and also for the boxers involved who should be remembered for the performances they gave us in their pomp!.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 23-10-2021 08:58

There is a vid on Y/tube of AUDLEY HARRISON WANTING TO FIGHT AJ!!

JEEEZ!! Tongue Tongue Big Grin Big Grin Big LaughBounce BounceBounce

Couild Even Eddie or AJ even take HIM SERIOUSLY?????

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - hornball - 07-11-2021 20:05

After the nonsense re David Haye and Audley Harrison and their apparent return to the ring (they will have to pay people to turn up to watch - rather than sell tickets) lets get serious!!

What next for Saul Canelo Alveres?? after he showed himself - yet again - to be in a different class (in the end) against Caleb Plant! Many thought it would be a foregone conclusion, forgetting that Plant was a distinguished champion in his own right. It took an Ulster man -Frampton- to remind people of the fact that Plant was that champion for a reason.

Is it really so inconceivable that Crawford could feature at say 160lbs?? -(not so long ago that B Arum was raising the possibility) - If so, what is the fight any of you think is a runner now?? Canelo can hand pick of course, but will not avoid the tough tasks, so is it Ward, or who??

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 07-11-2021 21:02

Canelo is probably a class above most fighters in any division IMO

You're probably right both Haye & Harrison would have to pay me millions to make me watch either of them!!! Tongue TBH, Joshua could probably struggle for a round or two with either and eventually would work them out but he'd be an asshole to fight either of them

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - hornball - 07-11-2021 22:28

(23-10-2021 08:58 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  There is a vid on Y/tube of AUDLEY HARRISON WANTING TO FIGHT AJ!!

JEEEZ!! Tongue Tongue Big Grin Big Grin Big LaughBounce BounceBounce

Couild Even Eddie or AJ even take HIM SERIOUSLY?????

AJ is in a position now where he is struggling to stay relevant to the world champion/contender conversation let alone having a view on AH

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 05-12-2021 04:08

A few days ago it was announced that the long awaited BROOK V KHAN clash IS ON!! They will meet at catchweight on 19 February in Manchester.

Whoever sanctioned (Or is sanctioning) this fight needs their heads examining!! Happening 10 Years too late IMO and tbh I reckon Brook is risking far more serious injury than Khan is, and I think Radio 5 lives' Steve Bunce isn't too impressed with it either. I think he basically said the same thing.

I would not be surprised if the AO Arena in Manchester is only half full for this, as I think if it happened 10 years ago when both fighters were at their peak it would have sold out any British Arena within hours, but I would say it doesn't have the pull now as it probably would have had 10 years ago. However, at last one of British Boxing's fiercest rivalries will finally have closure, and I hope bot fighters will have the good sense to hang up their gloves after this one is over.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - hornball - 05-12-2021 11:09

Well A Yarde left no doubt in anyone's mind last night in the rematch with L Arthur!! Flawless display as near as damn it, and his aggression showed that maybe he feared what might happen with the judges if it went the distance again. Back on track now to step to the next level. stage - by - stage of course, No Kovalev type fight yet, although - in fairness - Kovalev would have beaten - still would - many more experienced opponents than Yarde was that night. Even Yarde came close to beating the great champion then, but ran out of steam!

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - hornball - 05-12-2021 11:27

(05-12-2021 04:08 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  A few days ago it was announced that the long awaited BROOK V KHAN clash IS ON!! They will meet at catchweight on 19 February in Manchester.

Whoever sanctioned (Or is sanctioning) this fight needs their heads examining!! Happening 10 Years too late IMO and tbh I reckon Brook is risking far more serious injury than Khan is, and I think Radio 5 lives' Steve Bunce isn't too impressed with it either. I think he basically said the same thing.

I would not be surprised if the AO Arena in Manchester is only half full for this, as I think if it happened 10 years ago when both fighters were at their peak it would have sold out any British Arena within hours, but I would say it doesn't have the pull now as it probably would have had 10 years ago. However, at last one of British Boxing's fiercest rivalries will finally have closure, and I hope bot fighters will have the good sense to hang up their gloves after this one is over.

Given the sorry state BT Sport has got itself into, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw money at the broadcasting rights for such a 'gimmick' bout!! Even Sky might avoid it - surely wouldn't have the cheek to go PPV??

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Tractor boy - 05-12-2021 15:31

The fight will need to be on PPV to pay the fighters purses, I hear Khan wants at least five million.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Geriisgreat - 05-12-2021 21:29

Khan vs Brook is going to be on skysports box-office