The UK Babe Channels Forum
Boxing Chat & Discussion - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=268)
+----- Thread: Boxing Chat & Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=18980)

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 05-12-2021 21:37

(05-12-2021 15:31 )Tractor boy Wrote:  The fight will need to be on PPV to pay the fighters purses, I hear Khan wants at least five million.

If Khan asking for £5m for this, thenI reckon that makes A possible PPV cost around £30 Sod that!!

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - hornball - 19-12-2021 13:03

Chisora/Parker III restored your faith in the heavyweights (notwithstanding Fury etc)last night!. Arguably fight of the year?? I am not a big fan of Chisora, given his character/attitude too often. A personal gripe of mine is the way he 'abuses' the flag!

No argument though about his heart and guts!! Last night again he showed both is shovelfuls, and just wouldn't quit. Bellew said that he hopes now that he will though - you can't keep taking punishment like that, and it not leave its' mark! Parker should surely have ended it earlier?? Why he let Chisora retreat back to the corner and take his time, instead of being on top of him, I don't get?? It maybe shouldn't have taken the scorecards to find a winner?? Speaking of scorecards, it is now time for a root and branch inquiry into the future of judging. How any judge could have had only a two round margin between the two fighters is beyond comprehension. There has to be a better way (extra judges/average scores// or something else less subjective in nature!). There also now has to be clear consequences for judges that reach these decisions, when the outcome is so obvious. To score knockdown rounds as 10/9, sorry but a novice viewer of boxing could see that as nonsensical!!! or maybe incompetent!!

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Tractor boy - 27-02-2022 01:04

How the hell did Josh Kelly win that fight ??? I know judging is subjective but that is ridiculous.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Rake - 27-02-2022 12:33

Josh Taylor - Jack Catterall:

Got to be a fix. Shocking, even for boxing.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - hornball - 27-02-2022 20:08

(27-02-2022 12:33 )Rake Wrote:  Josh Taylor - Jack Catterall:

Got to be a fix. Shocking, even for boxing.
I don't believe you??!!!eekeekeek I switched over before the judges scorecards as it was a foregone conclusion (in my book) Again, judging in the dock!!

God awful fight throughout however, It was a mess from start to finish - I am surprised the Ref didn't throw his hands up in despair and leave the two of them too it. He was a busy man all night, but not even his sternest lecture changed anything! The SKY comm box (rabid English - sorry but disgraceful) will be inconsolable - so silver linings!!Smile That lead commentator is a joke! How can BT be being 'spanked' in boxing coverage with this lot??

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - mikedafc - 01-03-2022 16:49

Given the biased commentary you would have thought it was a foregone conclusion,, I thought the ridiculous point taken away from Josh at end of round 11 had taken it out of reach for him and was surprised he got the decision.

Apparently the judge who gave it 114-111 is being told to justify it.

I have seen 3 judges have a 5 point differences in their scores despite watching the same fight.

Josh needs to go up to 147 as he clearly struggled to make 140 for this fight

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - mikedafc - 02-03-2022 03:56

Looking at scorecards

All Judges gave Catterall 1st round,
Taylor 2nd and 3rd,
Iain John Lewis gave Taylor round 4 other 2 judges to Catterall,
5th and 6th All to Catterall,
7th All to Taylor,
8th All 10-8 Catterall,
9th, 10th all Taylor(10-8 10th due to Catterall point deduction).
9-9 11th due to Taylor point deduction.
12th Foster to Catterall, other 2 judges to Taylor

4th and 12th rounds are the only 2 rounds of difference of opinion by the judges

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Tractor boy - 20-03-2022 00:50

The " boxing match " between Eddie Hall & Thor ended with Thor winning on points after 6 rounds.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - mf135 - 20-03-2022 01:56

(20-03-2022 00:50 )Tractor boy Wrote:  The " boxing match " between Eddie Hall & Thor ended with Thor winning on points after 6 rounds.

Thor boxed at least. Not really sure what Hall was at.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - lovebabes56 - 20-03-2022 09:34

^What are you talking about?