The UK Babe Channels Forum
Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Football (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+----- Thread: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=87384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - Goodfella3041 - 21-06-2024 19:18

(21-06-2024 13:37 )HLO Wrote:  
(21-06-2024 13:10 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  As an Italophile England supporter,

Ah it makes sense now lol. I feel sorry that your eyes had to witness a boring and underwhelming performance twice yesterday, must've been rougher than Boomers tooth Wink

I’d have taken a trip to the dentist over yesterday’s matches lol

As for how to ‘fix’ England, I’m with Secret Agent. Especially points (2) and (3).

They seem to have created a Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes issue for themselves. And it’s completely unnecessary, as Bellingham could comfortably play in a midfield pivot. He’s played there brilliantly before. That would solve a lot.

It feels like the papers choosing the side and the tactics again. He can’t move Bellingham back because we’ve all gone gaga over him and — if it doesn’t work — Southgate will be crucified for thinking he knows better than Real Madrid.

RE: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - southsidestu - 21-06-2024 21:06

England have told themself a false story under Southgate

2018 World Cup: They get out the group stage beating Tunisia & Panama, then lose to Belgium. Scrape past Colombia who are a step up from the first 2 but a level below England. Beat Sweden in the quarters who are probably 2 levels below England then lose to Croatia in the semis & Belgium in the 3rd round play off

Euro 2020: Get out the group by getting results against a Croatia side that was at the end of its cycle in the previous tournament & without Mandzukic had no tip to the spear, & two C teams in Czech Rep & Scotland. Beat Germany, Ukriane, Denmark & lose to Italy

2022 World Cup: Qualify by getting results against Wales, Iran & USA, beat Sengal & lose to France

In only one of those 19 games did England beat a peer nation & it was Germany who were awful in that game & had been in a downward spiral since winning the world cup 2014.

Infact under Southgate, Englands record against peer nations (in tournaments) is W1 (Germany) L5 (Belgium x 2, Croatia 2018, Italy & France).

The one underlying thing in all of Englands bad results is that for all their quality and it is an embarrassment of riches, England are soft.

In the two defeats to Belgium, Belgium strike first & go on to win without an England reply. Croatia, England strike first, Croatia counter punch & go on to win without reply from England. Italy, England strike first, Italy counter punch & go on to win without reply. The exception is France where England are able to respond to taking a hit but it comes from a penalty. In none of the matches against peer nations have England been able to respond to taking a hit, from open play & in 4/5 of the losses to peer nations England haven't scored a single goal after the opponent scores their first, hit them and they crumble.

Even in their poor results against weaker teams, the draw at home to Scotland in Euro 2020, England vastly out match Scotland for quality but Scotland treat the game like a derby, aggressively press England and they are a shaddow of what they can be and would of lost the game had Scotland had a half decent no.9. The semi final against Denmark, the Danes are the better team for most of the match, play through England & lose by an own goal & a rebound from a penalty that came from a Sterling dive. Had Denmark had a no.9 that was better than Martin Braithwaite, which has to be the lowest bar possible they would of killed the game.

The game against Senegal which they comfortably win 3-0, the African side come out the traps & press England who are barely in the game until the a late one, two punch in the first half sucker punches Senegal.

Then in this tournament Serbia & Denmark press England & they full back, Serbia might not of got a result but it is startling that, once Englands 35 min good spell ends, a side a level below England is able to play through them so easily.

Press them and they shrink, strike them and they capitulate, England are soft.

RE: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - lovebabes56 - 22-06-2024 06:59

Right guys, your starting 11's for V Slovena. Name your captain, formation and tactics.

RE: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - HannahsPet - 22-06-2024 10:07

like most of the media have said drop trent ( shame for him but just not working at that postion)

Same Back 4

Bellingham playing 8 alongside Rice

saka and Gordon on the wings foden in the 10 and Kane up front

if no luck after 60 mins Palmer replacing Foden

RE: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - Regenerated - 22-06-2024 13:02

I want Trent back in at defence. I agree that experiment hadn't worked. The left side has long been an issue for England and it's that conundrum that in my opinion leads to a disjointed midfield.

It's not helpful for Gareth to try to explain the Trent experiment by saying he doesn't feel we have suitable replacements for Kalvin Phillips. He has picked players who can do that role - Mainoo and Palmer - and either one of those could start in that position. Bellingham could drop back there instead if needed.

Then Foden centrally, Saka right and Gordon left. Those three would support Kane much more effectively.

There's been a lot of criticism after the Denmark game and in some respects, some of it is waranted. But at the same time, people should remember that we are still top of the group and with a few tweaks, have a very good chance of winning it with a comfortable victory.

If everything goes wrong by all means fire the cannons but until then, rein it in and get behind the team.

RE: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - Charlemagne - 22-06-2024 18:11

I'm just watching the Turkey v Portugal match. Just to see how a 39 year old Ronaldo manages to run around the pitch. And then I suddenly notice that they have Pepe in defense and find out that he's 41 and 116 days old. And a lot of the other players are very experienced.

This has to be the oldest team to feature in a finals.

RE: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - lovebabes56 - 22-06-2024 18:40

Probably is and also probably the last time we'll see them at international level.

RE: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - lovebabes56 - 22-06-2024 18:45

(22-06-2024 13:02 )Regenerated Wrote:  I want Trent back in at defence. I agree that experiment hadn't worked. The left side has long been an issue for England and it's that conundrum that in my opinion leads to a disjointed midfield.

It's not helpful for Gareth to try to explain the Trent experiment by saying he doesn't feel we have suitable replacements for Kalvin Phillips. He has picked players who can do that role - Mainoo and Palmer - and either one of those could start in that position. Bellingham could drop back there instead if needed.

Then Foden centrally, Saka right and Gordon left. Those three would support Kane much more effectively.

There's been a lot of criticism after the Denmark game and in some respects, some of it is waranted. But at the same time, people should remember that we are still top of the group and with a few tweaks, have a very good chance of winning it with a comfortable victory.

If everything goes wrong by all means fire the cannons but until then, rein it in and get behind the team.

The only big mistake I think Southgate probsbly made was picking Shaw when he was injured and was probably hoping to get a game into him. I don't think we've had any real update as to how close he is to fitness. I would certainly move TAA back into defence and give Gordon a full game or maybe Watkins

RE: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - SecretAgent - 22-06-2024 19:23

^ Trent is a Right Full Back so are you seriously saying you’d drop Kyle Walker for him? Oh and I’ve heard 3 TV hosts & read 2 articles updating on Shaw today!

RE: Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Tournament - Regenerated - 22-06-2024 20:46

Did I hear today there's doubts over Kane's fitness? In that case it might be worth putting Watkins in.

I suppose Walker has made himself undroppable. I only suggested Trent in defence because if he has to play (ie due to an injury - heaven forbid - to Walker), he should be playing in his correct position. The midfield experiment felt a lot like moving people over and making do, simply to accommodate players.

But the press / media went overboard with the slating again. It shouldn't, but it does still surprise me - because a lot of that criticism came from ex players who failed in major tournaments for England in the past. Rolleyes

Tuesday can't come quick enough now for me - resolve this one way or another and then we'll know more.