The UK Babe Channels Forum
General News Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: General News Thread (/showthread.php?tid=78260)

RE: General News Thread - HannahsPet - 09-05-2021 10:20

(09-05-2021 09:57 )Charlemagne Wrote:  ^Is there something more prominent than being the chairman.
But Starmer can't remove her as the deputy leader, as this position is voted by the membership.

The party conference in September should be interesting.

Most of the shadowing one of main jobs of state are bigger than the chairmanship

can you name the last Labour party chairperson before her think only one i rememebr is harriet harman for obvious reasons

RE: General News Thread - Charlemagne - 09-05-2021 16:41

^ Oh a quiz. I love quizzes.

I would have guessed Tom Watson as he was the deputy leader under Corbyn.

But after checking (because I cheat a lot) it turns out that the previous one was someone called Ian Lavery. Watson was before him.

RE: General News Thread - SecretAgent - 09-05-2021 17:28

^ Ah yes Ian Lavery who was General Secretary of The National Union of Mineworkers before he was an MP. He received £165,000 when the union had 10 members. Part of it was a loan used to buy a property which was never repaid and the Union wrote it off. The Union also received £1.6m from the compensation fund used to pay sick miners. It was reported that £800,000 of this found it’s way to Lavery.

RE: General News Thread - Tumble_Drier - 09-05-2021 18:48

Senior NUM Officials and dubious property deals? Surely not! Big Laugh

RE: General News Thread - HannahsPet - 09-05-2021 18:55

best pal of Corbyn as well

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 10-05-2021 07:08

Sir Keir Starmer completed his shadow cabinet reshuffle late last night - Boris asked him to keep the noise down Tongue

RE: General News Thread - Charlemagne - 17-05-2021 11:39

There was a big barney at a pub near Chorley yesterday. 80 people were involved at The Talbot Euxton in the fight which left 3 people injured.

RE: General News Thread - HannahsPet - 17-05-2021 12:26

(17-05-2021 11:39 )Charlemagne Wrote:  There was a big barney at a pub near Chorley yesterday. 80 people were involved at The Talbot Euxton in the fight which left 3 people injured.

Was Sat night and talbot has a bit of a Reputation used to be an ok pub. Ihardly drank in chorley for that reason its much safer to get the train into preston and hangout there loads of pubs in the center and less chance of getting glassed by some dickhead which is apparently what happened in the talbot

RE: General News Thread - HannahsPet - 18-05-2021 16:37

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/st-james-quarter-edinburghs-new-skyline-revealed-as-the-last-cranes-come-down-after-five-years-3240735

If this Building is not Nicknamed the Turd by locals then there is no Justice Tongue Tongue

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 18-05-2021 19:09

Bloody hell Edinburgh's been crapped on from above!! Tongue Tongue