The UK Babe Channels Forum
Competition formats - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Member Introductions & Personal Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+---- Forum: Forum Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=414)
+---- Thread: Competition formats (/showthread.php?tid=79618)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Competition formats - Chrisst - 23-12-2019 18:29

(23-12-2019 17:00 )DingDong Wrote:  Interesting topic

The current format works but there is little or no interaction between the Babes (Contestants) and the Forum Members (fans) other than the odd “vote for me” or an “overwhelmed” thanks from the winner.

A thought - rather than the Fan nominating the Babe(s), the Babe(s) should be encouraged to put themselves forward for a one-off category. The Babes would submit caps posted by Fans during the year or other pictures / videos that the Babe likes and on which the Fans vote.

Whilst I am sure that the Winner Announcement is treasured by the Babe, a prize (sponsored by the Fans) could be the incentive for the Babe to participate. Who knows, if the prize is sufficiently attractive to them this may cause deal tension so that the Babes compete to win. At this point my imagination runs riot – agreeing to a lunch date maybe, at your S of France villa or Michelin * restaurant.

The biggest hurdle would be who is willing to take on the responsibility??
Any interaction is good. I'd concluded that the babes and largely their industry couldn't give a monkeys.

RE: Competition formats - Tumble_Drier - 24-12-2019 15:59

I think a "Flounce of the Year" award would be a good idea for next year laugh

[split] HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread - Chrisst - 24-10-2020 09:56

What about all these?

Studio 66 Night time 2020

Studio 66 Day time 2020

Babestation Night time 2020

Babestation Day time 2020

Here's a list too compiled by Kingsmind Cool detailing last years awards, a total of fifteen of them.

Given that the Hall of Fame winner might be one of us blokes I'd reiterate the point made by many in both that thread and in Competition Formats last year that value of each award is diminished as another is added.

RE: HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread - lovebabes56 - 24-10-2020 09:59

these don't start normally until December

RE: Competition formats - Boomerangutangangbang - 24-10-2020 13:14

Don't take this as a criticism in any way, more an observation. Regardless of formats, we clearly have a Babe Awards/Competitions overkill, & have reached saturation point at least, if not way beyond that levelImportant. I have read on this thread maybe & or other similar threads that a possible trimming down would be one solution, but that would just open up a bag of worms, imagine trying to merge 2 similar comps run by 2 different members & please both parties, when they have built an attachment to their own comp. Who would decide how this condensing process would take place, I wouldn't blame the mods for swerving this unenviable task. I remember not long after I joined the Forum, Skully stepped in & put a cap/block on A-Z Threads as they came repetitive. Easy to do when it's not a babe related subject, much harder when you consider members loyalties to an individual channel or Babe/Babes. Something I've never grasped is a babe can be a fave on one channel, join another & is no longer in favour. I tend to look beyond have shitty the channel/set etc. might be & focus on the babes, but I also accept that some have thrived on a particular channel & lost on another, for many reasons I guess.
Ultimately I can only see more Awards & Competitions to follow. Before long there will come a time were every babe that are active on these shows will win some sort of award in a calendar year. Whilst that may well keep most of us happy, it would also be really stupid. I remember something like this at school, were every child won something, perhaps designed to stop fighting & crying, but seriously, we're all adults here & if your fave babe fails to land an award that you believe she deserves, get over it, there's always another year, or in this case another fast approaching awardRolleyes.
Both Day, Night & Web babes all deserve individual recognition, but in the current climate it is harder to categorize who should be up for what, as more & more babes do all 3. You often here members saying "never seen/heard of her" Just the sheer quantity makes it impossible to keep up, if you work then you will miss out, many members focus on days or nights, working patterns will dictate this to some degree. Some day babes tend to stick mornings or afternoons, through choice or personal circumstances & viewers shift-patterns will often coincide will these particular babes, but it would be daft to have separate morning & afternoon daytime awards. really hope I haven't given someone an idea here. Rolleyes
There's a fine line between suppressing involvement & creativity & trotting out repetitive rubbish. I try to follow a mantra along the lines of "why use 100 word when one will suffice" But sometimes I just ignore this.
In the same way that the opposition criticizes the incumbent government's handling of the pandemic (NB. I have to particular political leaning, they're all shite)Important, but offer little or no solutions. I don't really have a simple answer to the point that I posed. I am beginning to wonder if any of this matters that much....as you were.Big Grin

RE: Competition formats - Snooks - 24-10-2020 13:19

I am so glad I don't run babe comps anymore Big Grin

RE: Competition formats - lovebabes56 - 24-10-2020 13:21

(24-10-2020 13:14 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  Don't take this as a criticism in any way, more an observation. Regardless of formats, we clearly have a Babe Awards/Competitions overkill, & have reached saturation point at least, if not way beyond that levelImportant. I have read on this thread maybe & or other similar threads that a possible trimming down would be one solution, but that would just open up a bag of worms, imagine trying to merge 2 similar comps run by 2 different members & please both parties, when they have built an attachment to their own comp. Who would decide how this condensing process would take place, I wouldn't blame the mods for swerving this unenviable task. I remember not long after I joined the Forum, Skully stepped in & put a cap/block on A-Z Threads as they came repetitive. Easy to do when it's not a babe related subject, much harder when you consider members loyalties to an individual channel or Babe/Babes. Something I've never grasped is a babe can be a fave on one channel, join another & is no longer in favour. I tend to look beyond have shitty the channel/set etc. might be & focus on the babes, but I also accept that some have thrived on a particular channel & lost on another, for many reasons I guess.
Ultimately I can only see more Awards & Competitions to follow. Before long there will come a time were every babe that are active on these shows will win some sort of award in a calendar year. Whilst that may well keep most of us happy, it would also be really stupid. I remember something like this at school, were every child won something, perhaps designed to stop fighting & crying, but seriously, we're all adults here & if your fave babe fails to land an award that you believe she deserves, get over it, there's always another year, or in this case another fast approaching awardRolleyes.
Both Day, Night & Web babes all deserve individual recognition, but in the current climate it is harder to categorize who should be up for what, as more & more babes do all 3. You often here members saying "never seen/heard of her" Just the sheer quantity makes it impossible to keep up, if you work then you will miss out, many members focus on days or nights, working patterns will dictate this to some degree. Some day babes tend to stick mornings or afternoons, through choice or personal circumstances & viewers shift-patterns will often coincide will these particular babes, but it would be daft to have separate morning & afternoon daytime awards. really hope I haven't given someone an idea here. Rolleyes
There's a fine line between suppressing involvement & creativity & trotting out repetitive rubbish. I try to follow a mantra along the lines of "why use 100 word when one will suffice" But sometimes I just ignore this.
In the same way that the opposition criticizes the incumbent government's handling of the pandemic (NB. I have to particular political leaning, they're all shite)Important, but offer little or no solutions. I don't really have a simple answer to the point that I posed. I am beginning to wonder if any of this matters that much....as you were.Big Grin

Fair point, I am wondering if is tiome to recognise the formats by reforming and rebranding the competitions

RE: Competition formats - Charlemagne - 24-10-2020 13:25

I think Boomer has made a good point when he says that the girls tend to work in all of the formats. (day, night and web).
Do we need separate awards for them?

RE: Competition formats - lovebabes56 - 24-10-2020 13:29

I am willing to bring the St66 award compettiton under one name for all formats of shows if you feel it is best & are agreeable Charle

would need to rebrand and re name it before December

RE: Competition formats - Boomerangutangangbang - 24-10-2020 13:30

I only made ONE good point FFS lol . I did say most babes work in all 3, i think. Huh

In the current, UK Babes Show Babe of the Year Awards, or whatever it's calling itself, I voted for the maximum of 20 different babes across the 2 awards for day & night. I made a conscious effort to not repeat a name in the day & night categories. I can imagine that same babes could miss out on winning or at least not gaining a higher placing by some members not voting for them in the category that is their strength, if that is the case.
You could argue that to avoid this, you would have to do the opposite to what I did & almost replicate just 10 names in each of the Day & night award categories. Rolleyes