The UK Babe Channels Forum
General News Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: General News Thread (/showthread.php?tid=78260)

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 16-07-2021 09:47

Feeling for a family after a youngster goes missing off the Humber coast Humber coastguard called off a search having been seasrching since 6:15 yersterday evening 12 people have gone missing there this year and this would be only the 2nd possible fatality in 2021.

RE: General News Thread - Tumble_Drier - 16-07-2021 10:25

^It's a bit further north than that but thank you for actually noticing which is more than most of the news outlets have.

If it was the South Coast there would be blanket TV coverage

2 other teenagers were rescued.

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 16-07-2021 11:01

was a mate of mine on Insta who alerted me to it yesterday evening

RE: General News Thread - Tumble_Drier - 16-07-2021 11:12

It's my part of the world. One of my old man's friends lost his son half a mile up the coast about 40 years ago, they never found his body.

There's a lot of rip currents in the area. A young girl was pulled under in the same spot a few weeks ago and got some nasty injuries from the rocks but she was lucky and is recovering now.

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 16-07-2021 11:43

That's what he said what happened the three youngsters got caught out in a riptide. He did say that warning posters are very small and I think they should be made more noticeable and maybe coastguards should educate youngsters on the dangers on the currents, now with the Summer school holidays are up coming.

He did say they found a body washed up that went missing two months ago.

Did they not report it on any local news channels or not?

RE: General News Thread - Tumble_Drier - 19-07-2021 18:27

^Local News didn't pick it up until 24 hours after it happened.

Sadly the young lad is still missing. Knowing the area as I do I suspect he'll be found after the current spell of settled weather ends and we get some strong North Westerly winds.

Signs are a waste of time, kids won't read them. I was over there at the weekend and people were still swimming in the sea.

RE: General News Thread - Tumble_Drier - 22-07-2021 10:26

^Update

Police, Ambulance & Coastguard are back on scene this morning and the Inshore Lifeboat has deployed & is now returning to Station.

I'm told that a body has been recovered but that's not confirmed as yet

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 22-07-2021 13:36

Can you confirm which area it is asap? Is it the Humber area

Hope you can confirm if you hear anything

RE: General News Thread - Tumble_Drier - 22-07-2021 14:51

It's the Headland at Hartlepool. It falls under Humber Coastguard's area for some bizarre reason.

The Police have confirmed that they've recovered the body of a "young male". No formal identification as yet but as far as I know there's nobody else missing that fits the description.

RE: General News Thread - Tumble_Drier - 22-07-2021 17:42

I honestly can't believe I'm posting this after what's happened today...

Less than 2 miles up the coast at Crimdon this afternoon, a Grandfather and his 2 Grandsons got into difficulties in the sea. The Grandfather got out of the water unaided, one of the boys was rescued by a member of the public who went in to get him and the other boy was rescued by a member of the Lifeboat Crew who were on scene in minutes.

Absolute fucking stupidity.