The UK Babe Channels Forum
All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Wrestling (/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+----- Thread: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=75964)

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 25-07-2022 20:00

I don't really think it's a size problem it's more of a style problem for comparison Rey Mysterio is the same height but the difference is when Rey wrestled people much larger he would hit and run and always be fighting from the bottom this guy is doing technical wrestling to someone twice the size of him it doesn't work could you imagine him putting a wrist lock on brock it would look ridiculous it's he's ego which is getting in his way not his size

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 28-07-2022 10:20

Aew are finally launching there trio tag belts at the next ppv , they made them at the start of the year but been waiting for the right time to start it, as aew got some many trio teams I think it will work well, I hope best friends win it first

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Rammyrascal - 03-08-2022 22:52

Big changes at aew behind the scenes including signing Madison Rayne as Women's Coach and AEW reportedly planning a new TV show just for their Women's roster

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Sm© - 14-08-2022 17:19

Caught an AEW tag match on one of the obscure ITV channels the other night, why do they even have a ref?
The whole match involved the 4 wrestlers either being in the ring at the same time, or fucking about outside the ring together.
The ref never enforced any rules about leaving the ring after a tag, or counted out anyone for fighting outside the ring.
I know it's all pretend, but it looked like a fucking joke.

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 16-08-2022 13:52

(14-08-2022 17:19 )Sm© Wrote:  Caught an AEW tag match on one of the obscure ITV channels the other night, why do they even have a ref?
The whole match involved the 4 wrestlers either being in the ring at the same time, or fucking about outside the ring together.
The ref never enforced any rules about leaving the ring after a tag, or counted out anyone for fighting outside the ring.
I know it's all pretend, but it looked like a fucking joke.

it was a tornado tag match fort under lucha libre rules, they followed the rules of the match correctly those type of matches dont need tags as all 4 wrestles are in the match the whole time, there are no count outs the match is live anywhere in the building, watch some AAA these matches are fairly common as they let the Luchas help each other to do the biggest moves, the ref was only there to make sure that no mask was pulled off as thats a DQ and to count the pin,
i though it was a great Mexican style match that did everything it should have, i can only think you haven't watch any AAA or CMLL so didn't know how it worked, its well worth finding some content on line as its very good if you like spot wrestling

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 16-08-2022 14:11

i though this weeks Quake by the lake Dynamite was on of the best they have done all summer after a number of pretty average shows they got back on track this week,

Coffin match: Darby Allin vs. Brody King this was an excellent start to the night high energy and a lot of fun AEW do to many gimmick matches but this one worked and was fun as the two involved are great friends and have worked many good matches together for years,

Lucha Bros vs. Rush and Andrade El Idolo any other show this could have been the main event as good a tornado tag as i have ever seen on a US show, these two teams are some of the best Luchas in the world and showed that off,

Ricky Starks vs. Aaron Solow a good win for Ricky who is this summers break out star they need to get on with pushing him and keep him away from the lowly factory,

TBS Championship: Madison Rayne vs. Jade Cargill only match that didn't really work for me as they just booked Madison to take a beating i think Jade seams to have stopped moving forward as champ she needs to drop the belt soon 500 days as champ is way to long,

AEW Interim World Championship: Jon Moxley © vs. Chris Jericho this was one of my fave matchs i have seen this year it was excellent, Chris is in the best shape hes been in years and now able to do his full move set again for the first time in years, this match really would not have been out of place in Japan 20 years ago when Chris was making his name, it was great to see him in has old Lionheart outfit,
Mox had to win but they did a great job of making it look like he can lose, thats how to book a match
and how good was it to see Punk back at the end
AEW is back on track at long last fingers crossed they keep it up

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 16-08-2022 14:13

watched BTE this morning on youtube and at the end they dropped a big hint that the greatest in the world Kenny will be the Bucks tag partner to win the trios belt,
i fully expect it to be ever the Elite or house of black to win the belt on the next PPV

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Sm© - 16-08-2022 14:30

(16-08-2022 13:52 )winsaw Wrote:  it was a tornado tag match fort under lucha libre rules, they followed the rules of the match correctly those type of matches dont need tags as all 4 wrestles are in the match the whole time

Thanks winsaw, I wasn't aware of the special rules, and I had the volume turned down because it was on at stupid o'clock Big Grin

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 17-08-2022 10:42

^^ no worries mate, I guessed as much, to be fair to you it's not the sort of match u usual see on a US wrestling show so can see why you didn't know what was going on

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - mikedafc - 19-08-2022 22:25

Interesting promo from Punk "Moxley is the 3rd best member of this group, kind of a career trait"
Apparently Eddie Kingston is the 3rd best Eddie he has shared a ring with and the 2nd best Kingston