The UK Babe Channels Forum
Frozen Ipod Nano 8GB - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Tech Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Thread: Frozen Ipod Nano 8GB (/showthread.php?tid=19430)

Frozen Ipod Nano 8GB - Spoon - 23-04-2010 01:58

So my ipod nano 8g has just frozen on me. It totally refuses to respond. Here are the things I tried to get it working. Complete factory restore, update of software and the usual manual rest of the unit. but still no dice. help please.

RE: FROZEN IPOD NANO 8GB - Sookyâ„¢ - 23-04-2010 02:01

Have you tried the thaw setting on a microwave? Wink

In seriousness - I've had similar problems with other devices before and all I could find to work was waiting for the battery to die and it switched itself off....then recharge it again Smile

RE: FROZEN IPOD NANO 8GB - Red - 23-04-2010 02:24

(23-04-2010 02:01 )Sooky Wrote:  Have you tried the thaw setting on a microwave? Wink

In seriousness - I've had similar problems with other devices before and all I could find to work was waiting for the battery to die and it switched itself off....then recharge it again Smile
OMG I need a new microwave, I only have the old fashioned defrost. Such archaic wording needs to be rectified immediately Surprised

A while since I've dealt with any iPods but if I remember right they have a soft and a hard reset. Hard reset should fix just about everything that can be fixed at user level, with the obligatory loss of data.

RE: Frozen Ipod Nano 8GB - *Kal-El* - 23-04-2010 10:02

How long you had the ipod for?, i had the same problem with my video ipod and ipod touch but managed to fix them.

RE: Frozen Ipod Nano 8GB - Timbo - 23-04-2010 11:00

There was something like this on Watchdog last night on bbc1 they said that I-Tunes version 9 had caused alot of IPods to freeze or to remove all contenet on them. They said you need to download the newer version of I-Tunes or talk to Apple instead, just a heads up if anyone's having trouble with there's.

RE: Frozen Ipod Nano 8GB - groundnpound - 23-04-2010 12:12

That happend to me m8.I left it on charge for a few hours and it worked fine.

RE: Frozen Ipod Nano 8GB - Spoon - 25-04-2010 23:45

(23-04-2010 10:02 )kalel76 Wrote:  How long you had the ipod for?, i had the same problem with my video ipod and ipod touch but managed to fix them.

Less than 1 year.. Charged it drained it wiped it nothing doing what di you do that worked?????

RE: Frozen Ipod Nano 8GB - *Kal-El* - 26-04-2010 07:33

I did two things to get it back working, the first thing i did was i just left it to charge for ages and after a while it started working again. The second thing i've also tried and am not sure if you've tried it is to do a hard reset on the ipod till the apple sign reappears on the ipod i did this a couple times and it kicked after a while, but you have to do the hard reset while the ipod is connected to pc or mac while itunes is activate. I hope this link helps in some way if your still having trouble let me know.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1404