The UK Babe Channels Forum
Did Big Brother start the babe channels? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Channels (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: The Night Shows (/forumdisplay.php?fid=408)
+--- Thread: Did Big Brother start the babe channels? (/showthread.php?tid=24457)

Did Big Brother start the babe channels? - Scottishbloke - 11-09-2010 01:37

The reason I pose this question is 10 years ago reality tv had never really been heard of and I just wonder how big an influence Big Brother might have had on the launch of our babe channels with Babestation being the longest and first of it kind when it was launched in 2002. Do we have Big Brother to thank for all of this and without it would the babe channels as we know them even exist today and would we even being having this discussion.

RE: Did Big Brother start the babe channels? - vostok 1 - 11-09-2010 02:17

I think Playboys "Night Calls" started the "live call in" trend circa 1996 in the UK, with glamour models such as Emma Ceasari.
L!VE TV started the premium rate interaction with their "phone in to choose a video of a girl stripping", with girls such as LDM & Charmaine Sinclair, circa 1997.
And "Sexy Sat" started in 2001.

RE: Did Big Brother start the babe channels? - aaron - 11-09-2010 08:49

According to admin, the world's first ever babe channel was Hollywood Pool Party, first broadcast in the US in 1991.

RE: Did Big Brother start the babe channels? - rickhardo - 11-09-2010 08:58

If it did it's the only good thing to come out of it.

RE: Did Big Brother start the babe channels? - 'BigBen' - 11-09-2010 22:33

(11-09-2010 08:49 )aaron Wrote:  According to admin, the world's first ever babe channel was Hollywood Pool Party, first broadcast in the US in 1991.

Yeah I remember seeing a excert from that at some point in time. I didnt know what it was called when I noticed it but remeber thinking at the time, I guess thats where babestation got the idea from.

RE: Did Big Brother start the babe channels? - Regenerated - 11-09-2010 22:38

NO

RE: Did Big Brother start the babe channels? - bobek - 11-09-2010 22:51

The only thing Big Brother is responsible for is a generation of Brain-Dead halfwits who stay up all night watching a night vision feed of a bunch of idiots sleeping. Smile

RE: Did Big Brother start the babe channels? - bombshell - 11-09-2010 23:00

Have to admit i have never seen Big Brother,but having witnessed some of the so called "Celebs" that have emerged from it,i cant see as it would be responsible for the Babechannels.

RE: Did Big Brother start the babe channels? - vostok 1 - 12-09-2010 02:29

(11-09-2010 22:33 )BigBen Wrote:  Yeah I remember seeing a excert from that at some point in time. I didnt know what it was called when I noticed it but remeber thinking at the time, I guess thats where babestation got the idea from.

I have a faint memory of this being shown on "Clive James on TV".