The UK Babe Channels Forum
Calling Babe Channels - Prices - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Channels (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: UK Babe Channels (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Calling The Channels (/forumdisplay.php?fid=409)
+---- Thread: Calling Babe Channels - Prices (/showthread.php?tid=28097)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

VAT hike and call costs/text costs - RCTV - 04-01-2011 10:06

Just seen that the channels are passing it on to the viewers by the looks of it with the 3p/5p rise for some channels. What's peoples views on the channels passing it on to the viewer or not in some cases.

RE: VAT hike and call costs/text costs - bobek - 04-01-2011 13:34

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about some of the cheaper channels raising their prices. I mentioned the VAT increase and nobody took any notice....

RE: VAT hike and call costs/text costs - andy - 04-01-2011 22:22

I seem to recall they didn't lower their prices when VAT went down few years ago Rolleyes

RE: VAT hike and call costs/text costs - William H Bonney - 05-01-2011 00:11

(04-01-2011 10:06 )RCTV Wrote:  What's peoples views on the channels passing it on to the viewer or not in some cases.

Do the channels decide this though or is it something that their telecoms supplier decides on?

Price increase to £1.53 p/m! - stilettos - 05-01-2011 02:39

Has anyone else noticed this tonight? Not that i call in anymore,but in these times,despite increases and vat about to go up,im shocked that theyve implimented this rise. Whilst last year,the start of the economic downturn,it seemed the girls were busy as ever, im shocked that theyve put it up! Expect the girls to be shaking their phones at the screen more often...or will they??HuhSurprised

RE: VAT Hike & Call/Text Cost Increase - iloveMegan - 05-01-2011 03:00

Given how expensive it is to call these channels anyway, I imagine an extra 3p per minute won't make much difference. I wasn't even aware of it until I saw this thread, and even then the main effect it has had is that it just looks a bit weird to have "£1.53" instead of the deeply ingrained "£1.50"

RE: VAT Hike & Call/Text Cost Increase - stilettos - 05-01-2011 03:19

yes, i notice there are no 50p p/m channels anymore, but i will always struggle with the fact that daytime calls are the same price,or if you will,ironically because its cheaper to call after 6pm that night chat cost isnt adjusted acordingly?laughbladewaveRolleyes

RE: VAT Hike & Call/Text Cost Increase - LoadBlower - 07-01-2011 00:20

The channels are a disgrace for doing this, they didn't put the price of calls down when VAT was at 15%!!!

RE: VAT Hike & Call/Text Cost Increase - simplymarko - 07-01-2011 00:28

(07-01-2011 00:20 )LoadBlower Wrote:  The channels are a disgrace for doing this, they didn't put the price of calls down when VAT was at 15%!!!

At that time they were able to exploit those willing to pay by keeping their price the same, hardly an issue, the poundshop didnt become the 97p shop for 18 months! besides, people were still willing to pay.

Under these circumstances providing they are properly accounting for their VAT then there is no problem with this as they are not doing this to boost profit margins.

I would suggest anyone game enough to pay £1.50pm is not going to find an extra 3p a deal breaker

RE: VAT Hike & Call/Text Cost Increase - HannahsPet - 07-01-2011 00:31

Guessing its not the channels themselfs doing it but the telecoms companys they buy the numbers from