The UK Babe Channels Forum
Remembering John Peel - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Music Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+---- Thread: Remembering John Peel (/showthread.php?tid=40276)

Remembering John Peel - Stillroom Rock - 25-10-2011 00:58

Today marks the 7th Anniversary of the death of John Peel, he helped shape my musical tastes as much as any band and with the current state of "music" on tv and radio today need him more than ever

John Peel 1939 - 2004 RIP

RE: Remembering John Peel - Scottishbloke - 25-10-2011 01:17

Yes John Peel was a wonderful man who never got tired of searching for the next musical talent, a lot of presenters his age such as Terry Wogan are stuck in their old ways but John was indeed different and one of the most forward thinking older DJ'S the likes of we'll never see again. He is still very much remembered and missed for the contribution he brought to the musical industry and will be spinning in his grave at the amount of manufactured dross that currently exists at the moment and would certainly despise what the Simon Cowell machine has done to bastardise it. RIP - John Peel - A True Legend.

RE: Remembering John Peel - Classic84 - 25-10-2011 01:45

One of the best DJ's ever and yes John is still very much missed. RIP John you are never forgotten.

RE: Remembering John Peel - Boomerangutangangbang - 25-10-2011 06:28

A word all too freely banded about today is Legend,but to me & many others he most definitely was.I grew up listening to Peel from my school days & into my adult live.He's gifted me many great bands over the years & clearly left me with an ecclective taste in music which I'm eternally greatful for.

RE: Remembering John Peel - Stillroom Rock - 25-10-2011 13:46

He was the Anti-Cowell

RE: Remembering John Peel - rickhardo - 27-10-2011 19:23

A truly remarkable man. His autobiography, partly written by the Pig, is a fantastic read.

RE: Remembering John Peel - Money_Shot - 27-10-2011 19:56

I can only echo what has already been said. He was never afraid to play anything, and he was not restrictive in his taste in music. His shows offered the most variety you will ever hear.

Forever lost, never forgotten.

RE: Remembering John Peel - Boomerangutangangbang - 31-10-2011 12:58

Heads-up for all you Peel fans.Mon 31st Oct-(today) 6 Music 19.00 John Peel Lecture,delivered by Pete Townsend live from Salford.He asks "Can Peelism survive the internet ? "

RE: Remembering John Peel - Doddle - 31-10-2011 16:54

I'm afraid I feel the poor man died for Radio 1's sins, and they've deified him somewhat to pretend they've the slightest interest in matching his standards (ditto Glastonbury).

ALWAYS worth listening to, watching on telly, or even reading Important