The UK Babe Channels Forum
Life's too Short - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: TV & Film Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+---- Thread: Life's too Short (/showthread.php?tid=41789)

Pages: 1 2

Life's too Short - Money_Shot - 05-12-2011 23:09

Has anybody else been watching it ?

It is the new comedy written by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant featuring Warwick Davies.

Just wondered if anyone else has watched it and what they think ? It has mixed reviews from what I've heard/read.
I have enjoyed it so far personally, it has grown on me (No pun intended). It is funny, cringe worthy, awkward and tasteless in places. All the traits of a Ricky and Stephen sitcom.

RE: Life's too Short - wodenssun - 05-12-2011 23:14

yh seen it its quiet funny warwick is a joker and hes secetary has sum funny lines too glad it hasant been too overtaken by the celebrity cameos

RE: Life's too Short - bigguy01 - 05-12-2011 23:18

i have seen the trailers and various clips i dont find it funny except for when johnny depp had ago at the fat ugly twat gervais. i dont find gervais or merchant funny.

RE: Life's too Short - StridentOnanist - 05-12-2011 23:25

I really liked the first episode with Liam 'Deadpan' Neeson. The next two, not so much. I'll stick with it though

RE: Life's too Short - Money_Shot - 06-12-2011 20:38

(05-12-2011 23:18 )bigguy01 Wrote:  i have seen the trailers and various clips i dont find it funny except for when johnny depp had ago at the fat ugly twit gervais. i dont find gervais or merchant funny.

I imagine if you don't like Stephen and Ricky you won't like this. Although you might be pleased to know they barely feature.

Strident - I'd stick with it, I found the programme odd at first but I enjoy it now and take it for what it is. It has grown on me, you can still watch all the episodes on BBC i-player

wodenssun - glad ya like it mate, Warwick is superb in it. Really funny guy Big Laugh

RE: Life's too Short - handsomeSOB - 06-12-2011 21:14

it's ok, funny in places but i think it's too much like the office... just without the office, they've basically made warwick to be david brent.... well, i think so, anyway

RE: Life's too Short - rickhardo - 06-12-2011 21:17

It's not bad. Nothing original about it I'm afraid and the celeb appearances are a bit forced but Warwick Davis is very good, and his secretary is fantastic.

RE: Life's too Short - Stillroom Rock - 07-12-2011 03:14

The girl who plays his Secretary was in This is England and Shameless cant think of her name though

RE: Life's too Short - Colbert Rules - 07-12-2011 04:03

Warwick Davis is good but let's face it, C3PO had more gags in Return Of The Jedi than this series has.

RE: Life's too Short - Boomerangutangangbang - 07-12-2011 07:08

Not exactly ground breaking comedy but enjoyable all the same.I even like the basic dwarf jokes.