The UK Babe Channels Forum
Tom Maynard RIP - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: Tom Maynard RIP (/showthread.php?tid=47440)

Tom Maynard RIP - mr williams - 18-06-2012 12:10

The death has just been announced of the Surrey batsman Tom Maynard. No details are available other than he died as a result of an "incident". Maynard, who was 23, was the son of former England international Matthew Maynard and could well have followed his father into the International ranks.

Surrey's next game scheduled for Wednesday has been postponed.

Such a waste of a young life.

EDIT: It appears that he was struck by a train on the London underground but the circumstances are not yet clear

RE: Tom Maynard RIP - malicious fan - 18-06-2012 12:22

they say he got hit by a london underground train!

RE: Tom Maynard RIP - bigguy01 - 18-06-2012 16:01

apparantly he was driving erratically and the police were called 4.15am, he legged from his merc c250 and 1hour later hit by the train.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18492564

i feel sorry for the train driver as well.

RE: Tom Maynard RIP - Charlemagne - 18-06-2012 16:26

I saw Tom as a future England one day international..

Shame that a talented player has been lost this way.

RE: Tom Maynard RIP - Stillroom Rock - 18-06-2012 17:59

Sad news my thoughts and condolences to his family and friends

RE: Tom Maynard RIP - rickhardo - 18-06-2012 18:28

What an awful waste of talent. Desperately sorry for his family and as bigguy says for the driver too. My cousin drives on the metro in Newcastle and hit a suicide a while back - it affected him very badly and he was off work for months.

RE: Tom Maynard RIP - *Kal-El* - 19-06-2012 00:25

R.I.P Tom Maynard, My thoughts are with his friends and family.

RE: Tom Maynard RIP - Boomerangutangangbang - 19-06-2012 11:52

R.I.P Tom Maynard.Condolences to his family & friends.Such a talented player,tragic.

RE: Tom Maynard RIP - William H Bonney - 22-06-2012 18:42

(18-06-2012 16:01 )bigguy01 Wrote:  i feel sorry for the train driver as well.

Maynard had been electrocuted before the train arrived, so the driver was only hitting a dead body.

RE: Tom Maynard RIP - mr williams - 26-02-2013 21:30

The inquest jury today recorded a verdict of accidental death, and as stated above Maynard's injuries were consistent with having stood on a live rail, although it couldn't be ascertained for certain whether he was dead before the train struck him.

What was more distressing for his family was the post-mortem report which showed that Maynard was not only nearly four times over the drink-driving limit but had also taken cocaine and ecstasy in the form of MDMA after a night out with his two flatmates in Wandsworth, south London.

Tests on hair samples indicated Maynard may have been a regular drug user up to three-and-a-half months before his death.

The ECB and PCA have recently agreed to develop an out-of-competition testing programme to encompass recreational drugs, and both bodies are holding talks aimed at introducing more out-of-competition testing of players' hair samples, which can reveal whether they have used recreational drugs in the previous three months.

The cricket authorities have always denied that there is a serious recreational drug problem in the game but today's news can only mean that such tests will be brought forward as a matter of urgency.