The UK Babe Channels Forum
Good Luck Bob Hoskins. - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Good Luck Bob Hoskins. (/showthread.php?tid=48645)

Good Luck Bob Hoskins. - The Truth - 09-08-2012 18:33

I would like to take the time to wish acting legend Bob Hoskins all the best after announcing his retirement from acting having been diagnosed with Parkisons Disease.
I would also like to thank him for all his great performances in such films as The Long Good Friday,Mona Lisa,The Cotton Club & Nixon to name but a few.
Thanks Bob,your a Legend.

RE: Good Luck Bob Hoskins. - 4evadionne - 09-08-2012 19:37

I have to echo those above comments, Bob Hoskins is one of the finest actors britain has ever produced, and to see him have to retire through the awful disease of parkinsons is a real tragedy, for me his finest hour was the long good friday, the final scene in the back of the taxi and the look on his face when he realises his fate is just pure cinematic gold. Here's to a happy retirement for a true british icon of film and tv.

RE: Good Luck Bob Hoskins. - oldboy1047 - 09-08-2012 20:29

great actor and a wonderful man all the best bob

RE: Good Luck Bob Hoskins. - MeTarzan - 09-08-2012 23:07

Very sad news, but Hoskins has enjoyed a very distinguished career.

My favourite will always be The Long Good Friday, with Mona Lisa a close second.

At least Hoskins is 69, Michael J Fox was diagnosed at just 30.

Best wishes for a long and happy retirement to the great Bob Hoskins.

RE: Good Luck Bob Hoskins. - The Truth - 10-08-2012 00:12

(09-08-2012 19:37 )4evadionne Wrote:  I have to echo those above comments, Bob Hoskins is one of the finest actors britain has ever produced, and to see him have to retire through the awful disease of parkinsons is a real tragedy, for me his finest hour was the long good friday, the final scene in the back of the taxi and the look on his face when he realises his fate is just pure cinematic gold. Here's to a happy retirement for a true british icon of film and tv.

Yep,totally agree the scene is a classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVVrZJaN1IU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RE: Good Luck Bob Hoskins. - Stillroom Rock - 10-08-2012 01:06

All the best in the future Bob and thanks for the memories