The UK Babe Channels Forum
Gerry Anderson RIP - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: Gerry Anderson RIP (/showthread.php?tid=52302)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gerry Anderson RIP - Jam Da Man - 26-12-2012 17:18

Gerry Anderson has died at the age of 83.

He is probably best known as the creator of Thunderbirds and Stingray.

RIP.

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - Addison - 26-12-2012 18:04

As a kid I was never that taken with Anderson's puppetry - I was a Mr Benn and Roobarb (original marker-pen version!) man - but this is sad news. R.I.P.

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - HoneyRocks - 26-12-2012 18:19

I was lucky to meet Gerry in Wolverhampton back in 1991.

His puppet shows were completely original in their style and production and were a massive part in my growing up watching the shows on the old ATV television channel as a kid.

ATV's Stingray was the first UK TV shows to be made in colour.

Many of the innovative production techniques used in Gerry's TV shows went on to be used in real movies films including the James Bond films (Moonraker etc) with actor Shane Rimmer better known as the voice of Scott Tracy going on himself to be an actor in the Bond films.

Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, Joe 90, Secret Service, UFO, The Protectors, Terrahawks, Space Patrol and many more..........

Gerry Anderson - Mr Supermarionation - RIP .

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - 4evadionne - 26-12-2012 18:32

A very sad passing of a great man, who lighted my childhood with his great productions, Stingray, Thunderbirds, and Captain Scarlet, and my personal fave in my teens Space 1999. Classic tv at it's very best. What a great legacy to leave behind. R.I.P Gerry.

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - BgLugs - 26-12-2012 18:57

Sad to hear the news of this genius. Loved all his shows which i grew up with. Thank goodness we still have them to watch and keep his memory alive.

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - SmĀ© - 26-12-2012 19:05

Big loss, loved all his shows ( except TerraHawks )
Space 1999 was one of my favourites back in the day.
Sad

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - Paulie69 - 26-12-2012 19:33

RIP Gerry, i grew up loving your shows. Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet & UFO being my favourites, thank you so much.

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - Doddle - 26-12-2012 20:06

Cruelly blighted by Alzheimers in his final years; one of the greatest, most creative people ever to work in british telly. But then again, I say this as one of the few fans of Terrahawks Wink

RIP Sad

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - Captain Vimes - 26-12-2012 21:42

Man he was a great.

Lovely stringed puppets that I enjoyed as a child but also lovely stringed puppets that my children enjoyed.

Now that's a sign of greatness.

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - HoneyRocks - 26-12-2012 22:10

I think with Thunderbirds especially, the fact that Gerry's TV shows have and continue to entertain so many generations of children and adults to this day is simply amazing.

His regret about The Protectors was that the episodes should have been longer.

One of the other things so important in the shows was the wonderful music of the late Barry Gray.

Sadly by the time of Terrahawks Barry had passed away and Gerry went with more modern synthesiser music which in hindsight he regretted but not one could replace Barry Gray.

Also in the 80's the Terrahawks theme also went on to be the theme for Radio Caroline's then sister Dutch Top 40 music station on board the MV Ross Revenge "Radio Monique 963".