The UK Babe Channels Forum
The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. (/showthread.php?tid=57841)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - Shady - 28-11-2013 14:15

Very sad to hear one of my childhood TV heroes has passed away. Friday nights watching The Professionals is a happy memory for me RIP

BBC NEWS

RE: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - TheWatcher - 28-11-2013 17:09

Sad news today.

I don't know why, but I never watched "The Professionals" when it was originally on TV in the late '70s and early '80s.
I have however seen most of the episodes when they were shown on ITV4 in the last year or so. Very entertaining.
I have had this site bookmarked on my computer for some time
http://www.personal.u-net.com/~carnfort/Professionals/profprod.htm

RE: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - Shady - 28-11-2013 17:17

Friday nights were always great viewing, between The Professionals and Starsky and Hutch. They were always the topic of conversation at school on Mondays and in my case, they were the rare concessions made to 'bed time' by my parents. I imagine it's one of the reasons I remember them so fondly - they got me staying up later Smile

RE: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - Charlemagne - 28-11-2013 17:54

He was good in The Cuckoo Waltz Smile

This lead him to later staring in The Professionals

RE: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - Tumble_Drier - 28-11-2013 18:01

The Professionals is one of my all time favourite TV shows and I bought my first car (a Ford Capri) because of it. Oddly enough I watched "Who dares Wins" at the weekend too.

It's very sad news indeed. I had no idea that he was ill.

RE: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - Shady - 28-11-2013 18:47

(28-11-2013 17:54 )Charlemagne Wrote:  He was good in The Cuckoo Waltz Smile

This lead him to later star in The Professionals

His Cuckoo Waltz co-star Diane Keen would go on to guest star in The Professionals too - part of a gang of Greek assassins I think. I can remember The Cuckoo Waltz a little bit...think he played the lodger Gavin and his landlord sat in a deckchair in his front room. Or am I dreaming that? lol

RE: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - Shady - 28-11-2013 18:50

(28-11-2013 18:01 )Tumble_Drier Wrote:  The Professionals is one of my all time favourite TV shows and I bought my first car (a Ford Capri) because of it. Oddly enough I watched "Who dares Wins" at the weekend too.

It's very sad news indeed. I had no idea that he was ill.

Such an underrated and unappreciated film AND actor. Pity it only led to some straight-to-video nonsense.

RE: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - tuesdayslump - 28-11-2013 19:00

He's up there with Gordon Jackson now.

RE: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - terence - 28-11-2013 19:12

i remember watching who dares wins when i was quite young, good movie. the professionals was way ahead of it's time. R.I.P.

RE: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - tuesdayslump - 28-11-2013 19:47

(28-11-2013 19:12 )terence Wrote:  i remember watching who dares wins when i was quite young, good movie. the professionals was way ahead of it's time. R.I.P.

Been watching the Arrow version of that for a few weeks, it being about £6.70, bet it goes up now.