The UK Babe Channels Forum
RIP - Dora Bryan - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: RIP - Dora Bryan (/showthread.php?tid=61356)

RIP - Dora Bryan - Billy_Nomates - 24-07-2014 15:22

British character actress Dora Bryan has passed away aged 91. She was married to Lancashire cricketer Bill Lawton - he died in 2008.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28451502

RE: RIP - Dora Bryan - Doddle - 24-07-2014 15:47

Daniel Bryan's mum! But not that one...

It seems harsh to say she was best known for Summer Wine & Ab Fab (as that article does), because she did loads of stuff for decades before being in either show.

Anyway, great age & all that, RIP Sad

RE: RIP - Dora Bryan - SOCATOA - 24-07-2014 16:10

Distinctive voice and a distinctive style, and bloody hilarious at times. R.I.P. Dora.

RE: RIP - Dora Bryan - HannahsPet - 25-07-2014 19:25

Actually met her once at my Degree Ceremony she was getting an honoury degree from my Uni although we were gutted because Norman wisdom got one the day before and lee westwood was getting one in the next one. but still remember her commencement address to this day and had us in stitches and had sevrel hundred students in the palm of her hand

there are a few british comedy actors and actresses that were very underated and she was one of them

RE: RIP - Dora Bryan - Rogergilford54 - 25-07-2014 20:07

Didn't know she was married to Bill Lawton the Lancashire cricketer, really good comedy actress on stage or screen. RIP.

RE: RIP - Dora Bryan - Doddle - 25-07-2014 20:58

(25-07-2014 19:25 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Actually met her once at my Degree Ceremony she was getting an honoury degree from my Uni although we were gutted because Norman wisdom got one the day before and lee westwood was getting one in the next one.
I read this as that you and her were gutted at not meeting Wisdom or Westwood laugh

RE: RIP - Dora Bryan - HannahsPet - 25-07-2014 21:29

doubt it as she starred in 2 films with norman wisdom unless she wanted to meet lee westwood Wink

sorry obviously my degree wasnt in english Wink