The UK Babe Channels Forum
Glen A. Larson R.I.P - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: Glen A. Larson R.I.P (/showthread.php?tid=62835)

Glen A. Larson R.I.P - *Kal-El* - 16-11-2014 05:58

Writer and producer Glen A. Larson has died at the age 77 of esophageal cancer, Larson gave us shows like Knight Rider, Six Million Dollar Man, Quincy M.E, Magnum Pi, Buck Rogers, The Fall Guy, Manimal, Battlestar Galactica and many more shows.
Thank you Glen A. Larson for being a important part of my childhood you will be sadly missed.

RE: Glen A. Larson R.I.P - Doddle - 16-11-2014 09:02

I slag off American telly a lot, and with good reason, but you can't slag off this guy. Look at those shows! Think of the great iconic performances of Jack Klugman, Lee Majors, Tom Selleck and er, David Hasselhoff, and consider the man who made it happen. I believe he also co-wrote the theme tune to The Fall Guy as well (and they don't make them like that any more).

RIP

RE: Glen A. Larson R.I.P - Clit Eastwood - 16-11-2014 09:47

Blimey..sad news..this geeze gave hours of tv viewing as I was a nipper.
Another icon sadly passing away Sad

RE: Glen A. Larson R.I.P - lovebabes56 - 16-11-2014 10:33

His shows were exciting and tense viewing. I'm sure he was also responsible for Alias Smith and Jones. Thank you Mr Larsen for making my childhood telly the best viewing ever.

RE: Glen A. Larson R.I.P - bytor - 16-11-2014 12:50

(16-11-2014 05:58 )*Kal-El* Wrote:  Writer and producer Glen A. Larson has died at the age 77 of esophageal cancer, Larson gave us shows like Knight Rider, Six Million Dollar Man, Quincy M.E, Magnum Pi, Buck Rogers, The Fall Guy, Manimal, Battlestar Galactica and many more shows.
Thank you Glen A. Larson for being a important part of childhood you will be sadly missed.

Sad to hear and could not say it better myself. Like many in here I imagine, I grew up watching his programmes.

RE: Glen A. Larson R.I.P - Snooks - 16-11-2014 16:07

His shows were ones I grew up watching as a kid especially Knight Rider Big Grin.
A sad loss - R.I.P.

RE: Glen A. Larson R.I.P - andyjb - 16-11-2014 18:21

(16-11-2014 09:02 )Doddle Wrote:  I slag off American telly a lot, and with good reason, but you can't slag off this guy. Look at those shows! Think of the great iconic performances of Jack Klugman, Lee Majors, Tom Selleck and er, David Hasselhoff, and consider the man who made it happen. I believe he also co-wrote the theme tune to The Fall Guy as well (and they don't make them like that any more).

RIP
(16-11-2014 10:33 )babelover48 Wrote:  His shows were exciting and tense viewing. I'm sure he was also responsible for Alias Smith and Jones. Thank you Mr Larsen for making my childhood telly the best viewing ever.

Anyone remember Automan?

He did create Alias Smith and Jones and co-write the theme tune to The Fall Guy as you both stated, as well as creating and writing the theme tune to B.J. and the Bear.

Thank you for some great programmes. R.I.P.