The UK Babe Channels Forum
RIP Geraldine McEwan - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: RIP Geraldine McEwan (/showthread.php?tid=63705)

RIP Geraldine McEwan - mikedafc - 01-02-2015 00:07

The actress best known for playing Miss Marple has died at the age of 82.

She suffered a stroke in October and never fully recovered.

RE: RIP Geraldine McEwan - Doddle - 01-02-2015 08:52

I find it a shame that the media are using that "best known as Miss Marple" line. It's like saying Peter Ustinov is "best known as Hercule Poirot" - incredibly moronic. There have been more synonymous Marples, and Geraldine McEwan had a fine, long and varied career for which she deserves actual praise. Mind you, it'll be "Judi Dench, best known as M in the James Bond films" too, won't it? Sad

RIP anyway.

RE: RIP Geraldine McEwan - MeTarzan - 01-02-2015 10:11

Well said, Doddle.

One of her best performances was in the Barchester Chronicles - you can find it on YouTube.

RIP.

(01-02-2015 08:52 )Doddle Wrote:  I find it a shame that the media are using that "best known as Miss Marple" line. It's like saying Peter Ustinov is "best known as Hercule Poirot" - incredibly moronic. There have been more synonymous Marples, and Geraldine McEwan had a fine, long and varied career for which she deserves actual praise. Mind you, it'll be "Judi Dench, best known as M in the James Bond films" too, won't it? Sad

RIP anyway.

RE: RIP Geraldine McEwan - Doddle - 01-02-2015 16:20

First role that came to mind was "Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit", and I haven't even seen it!

RE: RIP Geraldine McEwan - The Silent Majority - 03-02-2015 09:03

I always think of her as Miss Jean Brodie. I remember my mother being hooked on the TV series and woe-betide any of us kids who interrupted it.

RIP