The UK Babe Channels Forum
Two confirmed in UK (merged) - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Two confirmed in UK (merged) (/showthread.php?tid=6649)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Two confirmed in UK (merged) - Sarah - 28-04-2009 13:56

Well two confirmed in UK with this & thought I would add an old B movie poster for jest Tongue

And then one thats informative before I get slapped down for not taking this seriously Rolleyes

My family are from South America but it's not invaded Brasil yet.

Sarah

RE: Two confirmed in UK - skully - 28-04-2009 14:23

Love the B movie poster Sarah Smile.

I watched a piece about it on tv today while eating my bacon butty Wink let's just hope it doesn't affect the sausage industry or I'll be pissed! lol.

I think the fact they've found the source is a step in the right direction, plus the more recent cases are being dealt with quicker, so we'll hopefully see less fatalities, let's just hope we can avoid unnecessary fear and panic...although if you believe some of the media...we're all dooooooooomed!

RE: Two confirmed in UK - Deb x - 28-04-2009 16:25

I found this quite interesting. Probably isn't helping to stop panic, though - watch it spread in real time!!!
They'll map anything, google.

RE: Two confirmed in UK - Bunna - 28-04-2009 17:55

DDT43 Wrote:147 people have died in Mexico. What is the population of Mexico? Mexico city as over 10 million. Not exactly virulent.

Yet......

RE: Two confirmed in UK - ǝʌɐʍǝpɐןq - 28-04-2009 17:59

DDT43 Wrote:147 people have died in Mexico so far.

Here, I fixed that for you.

RE: Two confirmed in UK - Mister Gummidge - 28-04-2009 18:17

The question isn't so much "How many is 147, when compared to a population of xx million?", but "When was the last time 147 people died of influenza in such a short space of time?". The WHO has already admitted that it's no longer feasible to contain the outbreak, it's now a matter of finding out if the world is better prepared than the last time a major influenza pandemic occurred. A death toll of 20 million in europe alone after the first world war shows that influenza is an entirely different thing from the coughs and colds we're all used to. SARS was media scaremongering, as was "Bird 'flu" which never did mutate in the very specific way needed to make it transmittable from human to human. In this case however, there's no speculation involved. Swine 'flu is real, deadly and virulent; I can only hope it's also short-lived and quick to burn itself out.

RE: Two confirmed in UK - Bunna - 28-04-2009 18:22

It is quite possible,likely even, that it might mutate.

RE: Two confirmed in UK - firekind - 28-04-2009 18:31

it isnt an accident whats happening. you will notice how contagious it is. you will also be aware that it has been known about for over two weeks and still borders are open and flights are still not being grounded. its not a coincidence that it has just happened to happen at the same time that spring break was in full swing.

RE: Two confirmed in UK - steven6 - 28-04-2009 18:38

The place they are from is 20 mins away from me

RE: Two confirmed in UK - Bunna - 28-04-2009 22:49

steven6 Wrote:The place they are from is 20 mins away from me

Then I hope it can't be transmitted as a computer virus Tongue