The UK Babe Channels Forum
Martin Crowe R.I.P. - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: Martin Crowe R.I.P. (/showthread.php?tid=67390)

Martin Crowe R.I.P. - lovebabes56 - 03-03-2016 04:33

Former New Zealand Cricketer Martin Crowe has died aged 53 after short battle with Cancer RIP Martin

A truly wonderful batsman for New Zealand

In 1992, Crowe led New Zealand to the World Cup semi-finals and was at the peak of his career, being named player of the tournament.

Crowe played 77 tests and scored 17 test centuries - the most by a New Zealander - and finished with a test average of 45.

In 1990 he was made New Zealand captain.

Against Sri Lanka the following season he scored a then world record partnership of 467 with Andrew Jones at Wellington's Basin Reserve - and also scoring a New Zealand individual innings record of 299 - achingly short of a triple century.

He said missing out on the triple haunted him for weeks.

"I sat down in the dressing room, and I nearly cried. I mean I thought 'God how cruel can cricket be?' I've grown up playing cricket and my father's always fed me the records etc, so I knew exactly what was happening out there, so it was very hard to stomach that I hadn't got the 300."

Crowe's record of 299 was broken at the Basin Reserve in February 2014 by then Black Caps captain Brendon McCullum. McCullum chalked up a record score of 302 runs against India during the match before being caught behind.
I believe he was captain when New Zealand won a test series in England

RE: Martin Crowe R.I.P. - Charlemagne - 03-03-2016 08:10

He was one of their greatest ever players. Sad news.

RE: Martin Crowe R.I.P. - stowman - 03-03-2016 08:33

Great cricketer. It's always sad when someone dies so comparatively young. RIP

Martin Crowe - RIP - Billy_Nomates - 03-03-2016 14:16

Former New Zealand cricketer Martin Crowe has died aged only 53.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/32680286
His brother, Jeff, also played for NZ. He was the cousin of the actor Russell Crowe.