The UK Babe Channels Forum
Conservative Leadership Contest - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Conservative Leadership Contest (/showthread.php?tid=68319)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Conservative Leadership Contest - SecretAgent - 01-07-2016 08:18

I thought it would make sense to create a new thread rather than keep posting in the EU In or Out Thread

As the tales of Brexecutions of Boris reverberate I thought these comments by Lord Heseltine yesterday summed up the Tory Grandees view of Boris

“He's like a general that led his army to the sound of guns and at the sight of the battlefield abandoned the field.”

Full interview Here

RE: Conservative Leadership Contest - Doddle - 01-07-2016 08:42

You could have added a poll, they're always popular Wink

May is the pick of a truly appalling bunch.

It's a shame Labour clearly expected to get squelched by Boris and so panicked into turning on Corbyn. He'd have little trouble with Leadsom, Fox, Crabb and probably Gove.

RE: Conservative Leadership Contest - mysterion - 01-07-2016 10:54

May appears to be the least worst option. I expect her to win the first ballot by a good margin.

As for Labour expecting to get squelched, I think their MPs feared being squelched at the next election, regardless of who they were up against.

RE: Conservative Leadership Contest - HannahsPet - 01-07-2016 11:13

The Smarmy Toad is talking now

RE: Conservative Leadership Contest - cwpussylover - 01-07-2016 11:36

wot a fuckin choice may who will take us back to victorian times toady goad or a bunch of limp lifeless fuckersImportantHuhannoyed

RE: Conservative Leadership Contest - ShandyHand - 01-07-2016 11:57

The BBC are offering three versions of what happened between Boris and Gove depending on which camp is being asked: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36679738

So that's three different levels of Toad-ness to choose from! We really are being asked to pick for some great selections by our politians of late! Rolleyes

As the article states the truth is no doubt a bit of all three.

RE: Conservative Leadership Contest - SecretAgent - 01-07-2016 12:20

Andrea Leadsom is trying to rival Gove as the most loathesome candidate. Seems Leave.EU & Ukip Donor Arron Banks is backing her. He's the guy who spent over £6m backing Farage's Brexit campaign and paid for the much reviled migration poster.

RE: Conservative Leadership Contest - Censorship :-( - 01-07-2016 14:26

I'm not sure there is a 'least worst' candidate! Sad bladewave

RE: Conservative Leadership Contest - Glenn Miller - 01-07-2016 14:49

(01-07-2016 11:57 )ShandyHand Wrote:  The BBC are offering three versions of what happened between Boris and Gove

I don't think there was any great conspiracy. I think Gove and others just realised that Johnson didn't actually believe in Brexit.

RE: Conservative Leadership Contest - schvall - 01-07-2016 15:05

One thing that seemed to fly under the radar yesterday was a statement by May that if she wins the leadership contest she'll create a 'Secretary of State for Brexit' to handle all the exit negotiations with the EU. Whoever gets that job will surely have a poisoned chalice.