The UK Babe Channels Forum
How to compress my video files so I can upload them - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Tech Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Thread: How to compress my video files so I can upload them (/showthread.php?tid=7266)

How to compress my video files so I can upload them - Davi872 - 16-05-2009 07:44

I record shows on Sky+ then record the bits I want onto DVD, then when I put the files onto my computer, each one is around 1GB Sad Is there any software I can use to make 'em much smaller but keep it decent quality?

RE: How to compress my video files so I can upload them - skateguy - 16-05-2009 11:28

You're files are probably currently in .vob format. You need to convert them to a compressed format (.avi, .mp4, .wmv etc...) using video conversion software. I use Mpeg streamclip - a free app that is available for PCs or Macs.

RE: How to compress my video files so I can upload them - Davi872 - 18-05-2009 12:46

cheers mate I'll give it a try Smile

Once i've done that, is it ok to upload the vids using netload (I only have a netload account at the mo) and post them here?

RE: How to compress my video files so I can upload them - skateguy - 18-05-2009 12:57

Davi872 Wrote:Once i've done that, is it ok to upload the vids using netload (I only have a netload account at the mo) and post them here?

Will be fine - look forward to your vids. Smile