The UK Babe Channels Forum
Unable to uninstall my old Norton Antivirus. - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Tech Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Thread: Unable to uninstall my old Norton Antivirus. (/showthread.php?tid=7369)

Unable to uninstall my old Norton Antivirus. - cee - 18-05-2009 15:51

I had Norton Internet Security on my PC for a couple of years. I did not renew it, and now it won't let me remove it from my system. I have tried uninstalling it through control panel, but just keep getting a system error message.

I am not even able to open Norton at all. I just want to remove it, it is stopping me installing some things I want to install. For example I tried installing yahoo messenger, so I could talk to a friend abroad, but it keeps giving me some gay "firewall" message.

Any help would be much appreciated...

RE: Unable to uninstall my old Norton Antivirus. - Deb x - 18-05-2009 16:01

I've heard about people having problems with this before. I've never had Norton, so I can't guarantee it will work, but a quick search yielded this.

Looks complicated, though - I get really nervous when people start talking about messing around in the registry eek
Good luck, anyhow.

RE: Unable to uninstall my old Norton Antivirus. - Josh - 18-05-2009 16:02

First time that I have noticed you post outside of the Flamebox. lol. Give this removal tool a try. It worked for me.

http://rapidshare.com/files/234417700/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

RE: Unable to uninstall my old Norton Antivirus. - cee - 18-05-2009 16:33

Thank you both for the help. Josh that worked perfectly.Cool

And I do post out of the flamebox lol, just been there allot lately.Big Grin

Again thanks!!!

RE: Unable to uninstall my old Norton Antivirus. - Mister Gummidge - 18-05-2009 18:13

Make sure to give your drive and registry a thorough purging afterwards as well, Norton leaves tonnes of registry keys and junk files behind it. I use a combination of CCleaner and Glary Utilities to keep mine free of junk entries.