The UK Babe Channels Forum
Richard Baker RIP - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: Richard Baker RIP (/showthread.php?tid=75330)

Richard Baker RIP - Charlemagne - 17-11-2018 15:52

Richard Baker the BBC's first newsreader in 1954 has died at the age of 93.

RE: Richard Baker RIP - Kevin555 - 17-11-2018 17:30

(17-11-2018 15:52 )Charlemagne Wrote:  Richard Baker the BBC's first newsreader in 1954 has died at the age of 93.

Hi

Fantastic broadcaster, when Alan Keith retired he took over "Your 100 best tunes" Always remember that programme with fondness.

Today the regular broadcaster for The Proms is Katie Derham but before her it was Richard Baker and he like Katie involved the audience in his broadcasts

RIP Richard and thanks for the great broadcasts both TV and Radio

RE: Richard Baker RIP - lovebabes56 - 17-11-2018 18:04

RIP Richard Baker one newcasting icon

When my late sister was going through teacher training at Watford she spent a year or two living next door to him.

condolences to his family and friends and Thank you Richard

RE: Richard Baker RIP - GMach1 - 17-11-2018 19:15

Kenneth Baker was part of that wonderful Morecambe & Wise showstopper "There is nothing like a Dame" where is seen doing a series of back flips through clever editing by the late Ernest Maxin. However, I remember Kenneth narrating a charming children's series in the late 70's called 'Teddy Edward', the adventures of a teddy bear in a series of still photographs in various locations. Simple, yet genius and enhanced by his voice.

RE: Richard Baker RIP - Tractor boy - 17-11-2018 20:27

I can remember Teddy Edward from my very early years, in fact my own teddy bear was named after him. ( don't snigger I was only two)

RIP Richard.

RE: Richard Baker RIP - andyjb - 17-11-2018 21:35

Don't forget Mary, Mungo and Midge.

RIP Richard.