The UK Babe Channels Forum
RIP Baroness Trumpington - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: RIP Baroness Trumpington (/showthread.php?tid=75427)

RIP Baroness Trumpington - southsidestu - 27-11-2018 20:24

Jean Barker, Baroness Trumpington, Conservative Party peer and WW2 codebreaker at Bletchley Park. There efforts of the Enigma Codebreakers were pivotal in our fight against the Nazi's and the work that she helped undertake no doubt helped save the lives of thousands of British serviceman

RIP

RE: RIP Baroness Trumpington - Charlemagne - 27-11-2018 20:37

She's the woman we should be remembering on our banknotes, and not Margaret Thatcher.
RIP to a brave lady (I particularly like the V sign she gave an insulting speaker in the House of Lords)

RE: RIP Baroness Trumpington - GMach1 - 27-11-2018 20:55

Truly a one-off that woman, yes I too admired her for sticking two finger to Lord King(former Labour defence minister) and a true heroine of the War as a codebreaker, well more a translator in her words at Bletchley Park(I've been there and it is an unbelievable thing these men and women did for this country) A real character in the Lords and in life. She rests in peace now. An absolute hoot on Have I Got News For You as well.

RE: RIP Baroness Trumpington - Doddle - 27-11-2018 21:50

(27-11-2018 20:55 )GreenMachine Wrote:  admired her for sticking two finger to Lord King(former Labour defence minister)
Tom King was a Tory, and frankly sticking 2 fingers up is mild compared to the reaction he provokes in most people.

I liked the anecdote John Major told when he asked her about taking the name Trumpington, something about it was that or Six Mile Bottom Surprised

RIP Sad

RE: RIP Baroness Trumpington - HannahsPet - 27-11-2018 22:05

Yeah from all the tributes on twitter sounds like she was one of a kind

Loved her appearance on Have i got news for you