The UK Babe Channels Forum
RIP Andre Previn - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: RIP Andre Previn (/showthread.php?tid=76331)

RIP Andre Previn - HannahsPet - 28-02-2019 19:04

Just seen that Andre Previn, Oscar-winning film composer, conductor, and star of famed Morecambe and Wise sketch, dies at 89

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-17342940?ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_mchannel=social&ns_linkname=news_central

RE: RIP Andre Previn - GMach1 - 28-02-2019 19:19

Oh no! Not Mr Preview or Privet? I've seen that sketch so many times and it never fails to make me laugh out loud, it is absolutely brilliant and Previn was a great stooge too especially with Morecambe and Wise. He learnt his lines in the taxi coming to London from Los Angeles. A great classical conductor(starting off as a jazz pianist) He will be forever linked with that sketch:
André: "You're playing all the wrong notes"
Eric: "I'm playing all the right notes...but not necessarily in the right order, I'll give you that, I'll give you that sunshine!" Big Grin

RE: RIP Andre Previn - Charlemagne - 28-02-2019 19:39

One of the top composers of the 20th century. RIP

RE: RIP Andre Previn - Tractor boy - 28-02-2019 22:10

Despite all the other great things he did, he will will remembered most for that classic Morcambe and Wise sketch.

RIP Andre

RE: RIP Andre Previn - Doddle - 28-02-2019 22:41

"I'll just get my baton... it's in Chicago..."

Hugely talented and award-winning conductor and composer, able to bring the classical world to a BBC1 comedy show and deserve immortality as a result.

RIP Sad

RE: RIP Andre Previn - Kevin555 - 01-03-2019 10:54

Hi

Such a sad loss but at 89 he had a good life, never took himself to seriously. His show were Morecambe and Wise and also Meet Andre Previn.

He was also a serious shagger, married five times and his wives included Mia Farrow and Anne-Sophie Mutter

All in all a life well lived

RIP Andre