The UK Babe Channels Forum
The wit & wisdom of Johnners - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Cricket (/forumdisplay.php?fid=215)
+----- Thread: The wit & wisdom of Johnners (/showthread.php?tid=78461)

The wit & wisdom of Johnners - lovebabes56 - 19-08-2019 20:23

I don't think there has been a thread dedicated to 'Jonners's wit & wisdom. I am still amazed that the was broadcasting for nearly 50 years and I think many of us have at on time tuned in to TMS to listen to him.

Next January will mark the anniversary of his death but I thought it would be nie start sharing our favourite Jonners moments.

So to open (shem) i'll begin with that all - time classic:

The Batsman's Holding, The Bowler's Willey. There are times I remember tuning in to hearing him and do remember tuning in once and through tears of laughter he was trying to read the score out.

I have to simply say that they don't make commmentators like Jonners any more and to me he was the sound of summer to me.

We still miss you Jonners

RE: The wit & wisdom of Johnners - Carl-Gen X - 19-08-2019 21:00

“Ray Illingworth has just relieved himself at the pavilion end”

SurprisedBounce

RE: The wit & wisdom of Johnners - GMach1 - 19-08-2019 23:39

Best stuff was him and Aggers making each other laugh in that memorable broadcast-I think Botham had remove a bail as he hopped over it and someone made a ball gag which set Johnners off. I also loved his descriptions of cake being sent to TMS, a tradition which is still continued today.

RE: The wit & wisdom of Johnners - Carl-Gen X - 19-08-2019 23:52

“Welcome to Worcester where you’ve just missed seeing Barry Richards hitting one of Basil D’oliveira’s balls clean out of the ground”

eek laugh