The UK Babe Channels Forum
RIP Peter Sissons - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: RIP Peter Sissons (/showthread.php?tid=78828)

RIP Peter Sissons - HannahsPet - 02-10-2019 12:40

Just seen on twitter that the former BBC newsreader Peter Sissons has died aged 77

RE: RIP Peter Sissons - Doddle - 02-10-2019 14:26

I read his book last year. He was a Scouser who knew 3 of the Beatles. He got shot covering the Biafran war around 50 years ago. He'll probably be as remembered for wearing a not-dark-enough tie to announce the death of the Queen Mum, as for getting increasingly shirty with the BBC. Robin Day rated his work on Channel 4 News.

RIP

RE: RIP Peter Sissons - lovebabes56 - 02-10-2019 16:41

t's sad day for journalism. I think of all the newsreaders I grew up with he was always seemed to be so calm when reading the news. I didn't know he had been ill and 77 is quite young in some ways.
RIP and thoughts to his friends and family and all those who worked with him.

RE: RIP Peter Sissons - Tractor boy - 02-10-2019 22:51

I read he retired in 2009. It doesn't seem that long ago I saw him read the news.

RIP Peter

RE: RIP Peter Sissons - hornball - 02-10-2019 23:05

Very sad!! Came from an era of serious journalism that set out to inform the viewer of the facts, without subjective opinion or worse yet, the kind of personality led news output we have to put with today, from a bunch of ego maniacs who think it is more about them than the news coverage itself. The type of newsreader that can't just stay with the delivery of facts and information, but seems to feel the need to be an entertainer. personality with by play between co presenters or other over paid staff like weather forecasters etc!! Bradby McCoy and their like!!