The UK Babe Channels Forum
R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons (/showthread.php?tid=80054)

Pages: 1 2

R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - Snooks - 28-01-2020 12:27

TV and radio presenter Nicholas Parsons has died at the age of 96.

He had hosted Radio 4 programme 'Just a Minute' since
it began in 1967 and was also the host of Sale of the Century on the television.

Condolences to his family.

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - southsidestu - 28-01-2020 12:36

R.I.P - great man

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - hornball - 28-01-2020 12:40

(28-01-2020 12:27 )snookered Wrote:  TV and radio presenter Nicholas Parsons has died at the age of 96.

He had hosted Radio 4 programme 'Just a Minute' since
it began in 1967 and was also the host of Sale of the Century on the television.

Condolences to his family.
Just a minute was my second favourite after the news quiz on R4! Although didn't listen regularly!! Certainly remember sale of the century! Not the most high level entertainment programme, nut was a nice distraction from the heavier programmes of the time! Ironic, isn't it, that now we have the reversal of those programmes, in terms of the 'heavier' more intellectual/thought provoking output, being the exception, while the light (aero light nowadays) entertainment has become the 'rule'

Nicholas Parsons was - as referred to above in an earlier post - a great man!! No airs or graces, and little in the way of what apparently is a must character trait nowadays - ego/arrogance, look at me - self promotion!

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - Tractor boy - 28-01-2020 12:41

And now from Norwich, it's the quiz of the week.

Sale of the century, is probably my earliest TV memory.

RIP Nicolas Parsons, a true legend who was still working at 96

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - Charlemagne - 28-01-2020 13:03

He was the voice of Tex Tucker in Gerry Anderson's puppet show 'Four Feather Falls' in the 1950's. RIP

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - Crackaddict - 28-01-2020 13:08

An absolute legend on screen and radio.
His sharp wit and enthusiasm that enthralled his audience never faltered even in his latter years.
A genius to the end. A huge loss to the entertainment industry.
He'll even crack a joke at the gates of heaven before they let him in.

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - GMach1 - 28-01-2020 13:13

Absolutely loved Just A Minute with the original team of Clement Freud, Kenneth Williams, Peter Jones and a fourth I can't remember -anyway it was great radio. He was also a stooge for Benny Hill, and half a double act with Arthur Haynes. I was too young to have seen Four Feather Falls but this news will sadden Fanderson members on Facebook which I belong to as they loved him and some were lucky enough to meet him at conventions. Used to watch Sale of the Century but mostly for the hot girl assistants he had like Carole Ashby(Bond girl) and Karen Loughlin(married Graeme Souness. RIP Nicholas.

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - The Silent Majority - 28-01-2020 15:19

RIP.

I don't know how many of you listened to Just a Minute, but it's a testament to how mentally sharp he was at 96 that he could even still do that show, and do it properly.

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - SecretAgent - 28-01-2020 15:24

Sad news. In addition to all his achievements he also had a reputation for being a thoroughly nice man

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - SecretAgent - 28-01-2020 15:27

(28-01-2020 13:13 )GMach1 Wrote:  Absolutely loved Just A Minute with the original team of Clement Freud, Kenneth Williams, Peter Jones and a fourth I can't remember s.

Wasn't it Willie Rushton? I recall seeing him in a pub years ago round the corner from where they did the Just a Minute recordings. Lets just say he was limbering up for the show