The UK Babe Channels Forum
RIP Shane Warne - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: RIP Shane Warne (/showthread.php?tid=85586)

Pages: 1 2

RIP Shane Warne - HannahsPet - 04-03-2022 15:14

Seeing breaking news on Twitter that Australian Cricket legend Shane Warne has died at 52 of a Suspected Heart Attack

RE: RIP Shane Warne - Regenerated - 04-03-2022 15:26

Surprised

Oh my god... RIP Shane Sad

RE: RIP Shane Warne - Charlemagne - 04-03-2022 15:55

This was a great shock
Shane was one of the greatest spinners to have ever performed on the test arena. In my eyes he was No1.

R.I.P. Shane

RE: RIP Shane Warne - winsaw - 04-03-2022 16:17

i am in total shock,
the greatest player i have ever seen, was lucky enough to see him live not just the way he bowled but the way he read the game was amazing,
what a bloke outside the field as well he pulled Liz Hurly with a big mac ffs legend

RE: RIP Shane Warne - Tractor boy - 04-03-2022 16:30

Gone way too soon, but what a life, he was a total legend.

RIP

RE: RIP Shane Warne - billyboy1963 - 04-03-2022 16:40

Totally agree - what a bowler and a good commentator.

Such a young age to pass away.

RE: RIP Shane Warne - KerrAvon - 04-03-2022 16:41

R.I.P Warnie, greatest cricketer I've seen in my lifetime. Took wickets on fast bouncy pitches too, didn't rely on spin wickets. G.O.A.T.

Seemed like a top bloke on and off the pitch, especially his insights on commentary and advice to the kids. He'll be missed.

RE: RIP Shane Warne - Boomerangutangangbang - 04-03-2022 17:16

We.ve been fortunate to follow an outstanding career in our lifetime. Took leg-spin bowling to the next level. Every other mortal before & after him would take wickets, but go for plenty of runs, Warne had wonderful accuracy.
Maybe one of the best cricket brains ever. Australia would've beaten us 10-0 with Shane as captain.

He was on a cricket show with Nasser & Athers last week talking about this year Hundred comp, which he would've been coaching in again, after missing most of last season's games with covid. They even managed to get his name into the frame for the England Head Coach job, which he denied he wanted it, but didn't rule it out either.

His lasting legacy will be all the many current & future leggies that we have in our great game, that have taken inspiration from the greatest ever to take up the art.

Leg-Spin Legend RIP

RE: RIP Shane Warne - hornball - 04-03-2022 18:00

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Shocked to my very core to read this. I have literally just seen it moments ago on the web! Devastating and shocking news (to say the least!!!!!!)

An absolute legend who - after Qadir I would suggest - changed spin bowling forever with the skills he put on show. He will obviously be remembered for the 'Gatting ball' among many, but showcased his skill level above and beyond that again with many of his other dismissals, which completely bamboozled the batsmen facing him!

A larakin maybe but equally, someone who valued cricket and its' ethics highly and always ....always wanted the best for it! His comments and analysis in the comm box too were of the highest value each and every time! I feel so relieved in a sense now, that I got to see him live when the Aussies came - in the middle of an Ashes series - to NI to play Ireland at Ormeau (North of Ireland CC)

Still can barely believe I am having to type and send a message such as this!

RE: RIP Shane Warne - Skyline - 04-03-2022 18:18

I remember watching a documentary, which unfortunately I can't recall as it was a while back, about when Shane Warne bowled out Mike Gatting (aka "The Ball Of The Century") and I remember someone in the documentary saying Mike Gatting seemed to walk away like "someone had stolen his muffin" Smile (possibly because he couldn't believe what had just happened) - an absolute legend and R.I.P. Sad