The UK Babe Channels Forum
Wilco Johnson RIP - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: Wilco Johnson RIP (/showthread.php?tid=86779)

Wilco Johnson RIP - Boomerangutangangbang - 23-11-2022 20:02

Dr Feelgood guitarist, died on Monday evening, aged 75.
Famous for his distinctive guitar style, also played with Ian Dury & the Blockheads, followed by a 4 decade solo career. Guitarist, singer, songwriter. Latterly an actor who starred in Games of Thrones.
Had a great stage presence, & was widely influential to many musicians, A legend.

RIP Wilco

RE: Wilco Johnson RIP - Doddle - 23-11-2022 23:01

An absolute bloody legend. I bet the number of people with a bad word to say about him can be counted on a snake's toes. How can you not love a bloke who goes "sorry guys, I've got terminal cancer, but I'll keep playing until I drop" and then 18 months later goes "well I suppose I could get a 2nd opinion"?

RIP

SA repeated the excellent Oil City Confidential, but as it's starting this minute, you might miss it.

RE: Wilco Johnson RIP - fatboy77 - 24-11-2022 02:18

Gutted to hear this. A true original and a highly intelligent, funny and self effacing bloke.
You can hear his influence in so much music, from the ferocity of early punk, right through to the angular guitar work of post punk, and way beyond.

I've got one of his signature Telecasters that Fender released a few years back, so I'll be getting that out of its case, re-watching Oil City, and very likely shedding a tear.

RIP Wilko.

RE: Wilco Johnson RIP - Snooks - 24-11-2022 03:56

Sad sad loss.

R.I.P

Sad

RE: Wilco Johnson RIP - baywatcher - 24-11-2022 15:09

Saw Wilco with Dr Feelgood in around 1979 absolutely brilliant, ironically on heavy metal night rockers booed first couple of number's but cheered and wanted more at the end

RIP Wilco Johnson truly an original

RE: Wilco Johnson RIP - Chrisst - 24-11-2022 19:15

I can tell you that playing like that is well nigh impossible. Yet he made it look so easy.

BTW, it really is Wilko. His name's John Wilkinson you see.

RE: Wilco Johnson RIP - jozefbloggz - 24-11-2022 20:11

you will be missed wilko

the very first album I ever bought was DR Feelgood ,Malpractice
A truly original style of playing guitar ,a true genius and can rightly be remembered as a legend of british music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4jRbiXZ6KI